logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Incognito  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 6:39:39 PM(UTC)
Incognito

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Is anyone successfully using ML Downloader with Metastock 15 ?  I ask because I'm experiencing difficulties using the trial version of ML and can't get an answer from ML support (not a good sign).
PTJim  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:53:20 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I've used ML Downloader for years with versions 9.1 and 11 of MetaStock.  It creates files in standard/classic MS format, so assuming MS15 works with those formats as claimed, it should work.  MLD's author, last time I contacted him, hasn't committed to supporting the newer format.  I don't care; it's working just fine for me as-is. I'm sticking with MS11 and may revert back to 9.1 if my system hardware changes (preventing a reinstallation of MS11 thanks to recent downgrades from MetaStock), so it's not likely I'll have the opportunity to test version 15 with ML Downloader because it adds nothing I can use but piles on additional expense.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:53:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

damo  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 2:32:42 PM(UTC)
damo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
ML Downloader was a good bit of kit, as you have discovered, the author is slow on the updates and is now a bit buggy. I was looking at giving this one a go: http://www.bowfort.com/Products/cartViewItem?sku=NSBDU I haven't used this but used some of their other kit and it all works as should.