logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Veasnar  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 10:29:39 PM(UTC)
Veasnar

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

I installed the Downloader, symbol utility, and NorthAmIRDL application.  It worked, but the data was not stable.  I reinstalled it again and now the Metastock plug in does not work.  Every time I switch from the local database to Metastock plug in,  no chart displays.  So the question is what is the correct way to install the above application files?  Can I install the symbol utility with the NorthAmIRDL file?  Where can I find the doc for this installation?
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:33:46 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi,

Just to clarify the above files and how they are used:

*The DownLoader - Purely a data collection/conversion tool, this allows you to create securities and download data from our DataLink service

*Symbol Utility - These files are provided to help create folders of securities based on regions/exchanges/etc (while it does create security files for you, these files do not have any data yet). You can already do this in The DownLoader, these utility files merely simplify the process for users.

*NorthAmIRDL file - This file simply configures the data port in The DownLoader to collect data from the North American region (which is already the default in The DownLoader anyway).

If are subscribed to DataLink, you need to actually collect the data (Tools > Download Prices within The DownLoader) after running all of the above files.

Once you actually collect the data, you are in AmiBroker's hands as we do not have any control over their software. They do have some support tips on their web site for this. Basically it looks like you need to add each data folder into their program per this page: https://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_extsources.html

Edited by user Wednesday, November 2, 2016 4:40:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified