logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dual Trace  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:39:49 AM(UTC)
Dual Trace

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I ran a back test and then opened the system Tester - Result Details View window to see all orders. I pasted two portions of it in this image. UserPostedImage Could anybody please explain the meaning of the events shown in the Event column? Placed and Executed seem obvious, but what are Cancelled-Open Cost, Considered, Cancelled-Position Limit, Cancelled-Zero size? I could not find them in the help menu. Thank you, Dual Trace
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:12:25 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Considered is essentially the first state of the trade, when the actual formula "signal" triggers.

Cancelled - Open Cost typically occurs when "Realistic Market Prices" is enabled and a significant gap up or down occurs in price the following day. When this option is enabled (it is enabled by default in the "Trade Options" tab), the trade is delayed until the Open of the following day (which is why you see it attempting to execute the trade on the next date). However, the System Tester calculated the number of shares it could purchase on the date of the signal (Considered). If the share price goes up enough so that you can no longer buy the same number of shares the tester originally wanted to (due to not having enough equity in your account), it will cancel the trade due to open cost.

Cancelled - Zero Size means you did not have enough Equity in your account. This could happen for various reasons. For example, if your default Trade Size is set to "Number of Units" 100, this would mean that if you did not have enough equity to buy 100 units of whatever you're back-testing, it would cancel the trade.

Cancelled - Position Limit occurs when you are in a position and get multiple signals in the same direction in a row (i.e. two "Enter Long" signals) and you have the option set to "Limit the number of simultaneous positions" to 1.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:25:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MS Support for this useful post.
Dual Trace on 2/19/2015(UTC)
Dual Trace  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:58:14 AM(UTC)
Dual Trace

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Thanks a lot for a comprehensive explanation.