logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PTJim  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 8:32:25 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I looked over the changelist and found nothing that addresses users' strong preference to have an option for downloading and locally-storing our own data, as was possible through MS 11. 

Am I reading this correctly?  The "new" release seems focused on some bug fixing and Forecaster fiddling.  Given the quiet nature of this forum the last couple years, I'm guessing the Forecaster hasn't changed anybody's life, much like the RMO stuff that preceded it.

What many of us *could* use is proper multi-monitor support, multi-core support, 64-bit support, efficient implementation of common functions (changing all open charts to a different template simultaneously would be nice) and local data.

I guess I'll continue using MS 11 until we see what version 15 improves, if it appears someday.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 11:11:27 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi,

I've tweaked the release notes a little bit to add some clarity. The changes to the Forecaster were pretty significant. Whether this is of value to you is going to be subjective, but I would try out the changes before passing judgment vs. using forum activity to make this determination.

Forecaster now supports drawing your own patterns and capturing patterns from existing data. A less mentioned feature is the ability to sort the Forecaster events by various criteria (highest profit potential, most events, most recent events, etc.)

The Power Console was significantly overhauled to streamline user workflows. Tick bar support is another feature our users have requested and is now supported in version 14 (Real Time version). Being able to control the frequency of Expert Advisor updates helps with performance issues in addition to giving users more control over the frequency of their live signals (Real Time version). These would constitute "efficient implementation of common functions" in my view although we certainly appreciate more feedback when it comes to streamlining workflows.

The increased formula limit is another nice enhancement that customers have been asking for.

Some form of an 'offline mode' and support for the old MetaStock local data format are enhancements we are looking into, although I can't say for sure if/when such enhancements may make it into MetaStock.

Multiple monitor improvements are on the long-term horizon, but this is basically part of re-writing the MetaStock "container" and as far as priorities go this falls behind things like formula language overhaul, charting overhaul, etc.

We won't really see an instantaneous switch to support for multiple processors/cores. More likely as we overhaul different areas of the product, those components will be able to utilize new hardware functionality (for example, the Forecaster fully supports multiple cores).

I should add one last thing.  A new data API was put into MetaStock which is a pretty major enhancement even though our end-users wouldn't necessarily notice anything here.  That said, if the old local data format were to make its way back into MetaStock, it would more than likely do so via this new data API.

Edited by user Saturday, February 7, 2015 12:53:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

billtrudeau  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 1:10:59 AM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I could not believe that the formula limit was finally increased. I check with online support to find out what the new limit is. The limit has increased from 2000 formulas to 5000 formulas. That alone was worth the price of the upgrade to me so I purchased today. I have spent easily hundreds of hours over the years having to work around the 2000 formula limit so am extremely happy that I won't need to be concerned with that for quite some time to come.