logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cagatey01  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:14:33 AM(UTC)
Cagatey01

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

So after some research it appears that BM indicators are not now supported by Xenith. So that's a whole set of market indicators that I found useful as part of my system that have now vanished. That's the final straw for me so after 7 years or so I will now be cancelling my subscription.

KaZama

Edited by user Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:18:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2015 5:54:18 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, Just so I understand the issue, you were using Broad Market data from another data source (were you using QuoteCenter previously?) and you are now unable to receive this data with XENITH? XENITH does in fact have broad market data such as NASDAQ & NYSE Advancing / Declining / Volume data. However, due to how this data is stored in XENITH, MetaStock Pro is unable to pull all the relevant information in. XENITH uses one symbol with multiple "fields" to store this data. At this time, MetaStock Pro is unable to pull more than one "field" in this respect so we cannot pull both the Advancing Issues and Declining Issues at the same time. Two possible future changes to MetaStock will allow for the ability to do this: 1. Enhancements to the MetaStock Formula Language that allow the "Security" function to pull from different Fields 2. Allowing Composites to specify the data Field Both features require extensive work (although the Composite feature would probably be the easiest to implement) and are not likely to be seen in the near future. I know we are looking at re-writing the formula language around version 15 but it is too early to say for sure. The two symbols used for NASDAQ and NYSE Market Data are as follows: .AD.N (NYSE) .AD.OQ (NASDAQ) You can view this market data directly in XENITH (certain market statistics pages) and you can also create composite instruments using the above symbols (XENITH Composites allow you to specify the Field) in the Instrument Explorer of XENITH. You could also take this data from XENITH and import it as Local Data into MetaStock Pro 13.