logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reiner Weisenbach  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 5:50:09 PM(UTC)
Reiner Weisenbach

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

I would like to display Ratio Charts on a recurrent basis, ie showing for each instrument price/index (index to be chosen depending on instrument).

How can that be done?

Many thanks in advance for reply.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 9:43:06 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Reiner Weisenbach Go to Quoted Post

I would like to display Ratio Charts on a recurrent basis, ie showing for each instrument price/index (index to be chosen depending on instrument).

How can that be done?

Many thanks in advance for reply.

As an indicator, this can be done using "Relative Strength Comparative" or by writing a custom indicator using the "Security" function.  If you do use the Security function method, you would have to edit the indicator to change the index ticker whenever you want to use a different one:

C / Security(".SPX",C)

The formula above would give you the Close price divided by the Close price of the S&P 500 Index.

If you want to be able to view the ratio as a 'base' security, you can create a composite via File-->New-->Composite Instrument.  You could then put the primary ticker (i.e. IBM) and the secondary ticker (i.e. .SPX).  This would not be as flexible as an indicator and you'd have to create a composite for each ticker you'd want to compare to the index.

sandrajames  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 6:00:05 AM(UTC)
sandrajames

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Ratio charts are a method to evaluate the quality of a stock versus the market or another companion. In a solid market, it very well may be anything but difficult to confound general market quality as division quality, since the dominant part of benefits will take after the general pattern. Notwithstanding, a proportion graph against a market record can uncover how an advantage is performing against the pattern.