logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gherkin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:22:05 AM(UTC)
Gherkin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I get this error every couple of days and I wonder if anyone else is getting it?

"insufficient server resources are available to satisfy your request metastock"

It stops me from opening a chart and can last anywhere between 10mins and 3 hours. It makes Metastock unusable. No explorations, no charts etc.

I use ASX intra-day data from XENITH in Metatstock 12.1.5501

Interestingly I have open 2 other programs recieving live data at the same time on the same PC and they are not having problems. I have closed them down and just had Metastock running and still the problem persists.

It seems to have only started happening after the Reuters buy out. At the same time we started to get restrictions on the amount of back data available on intra-day charts.

Did something happen to the server(s)?

Craig.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:58:17 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
This is something we have seen for a small number of customers. It does appear related to the Time Series (Historical Data Request) timing out.

FYI, this has affected institutional clients of Thomson Reuters and has no specific relation to MetaStock.

Looking into this a little bit more with regards to other Eikon users, it seems to most frequently happen with Eikon for Excel when no "Start Date" is defined (meaning users who are maxxing out the data request). This might correlate with MetaStock's "Load Maximum Data" option, so you may want to try switching this to "Load Default Records" instead to see if this might help.
Gherkin  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 12:06:51 AM(UTC)
Gherkin

Hi. I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply. I am not using excel with Eikon. I don't use Eikon at all. I only use Metastock and haven't opened Eikon for about 6 months. As to the data records, I always have to manually click load max data. I don't think I can have that on default (and I would love load max data on default, it's just not an option).

Craig
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 10:38:29 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Gherkin wrote:
Hi. I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply. I am not using excel with Eikon. I don't use Eikon at all. I only use Metastock and haven't opened Eikon for about 6 months. As to the data records, I always have to manually click load max data. I don't think I can have that on default (and I would love load max data on default, it's just not an option).

Craig

With version 12 this option was within the X-Axis Properties. Once checked however, it is remembered in that particular smart chart. Version 13 added the Load Maximum Records option to the Power Console.

If you receive that error in a particular chart, I would recommend Unchecking this option to see if it makes a difference.
Gherkin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 10:41:26 PM(UTC)
Gherkin

no I'm sorry but that's wrong. It doesn't remember that I checked the box for Load Max Records. I wish it did. I just tried it several times and on Version 12.1.5501 and it doesn't remember.
Every time I want to load max data (which is absolutely every time I open a chart) I have to double click the x-axis to check the box. And it wouldn't matter if that option was on the power bar either cos I'd still have to manually check it each time there as well. Can't I just have Load Max data as my default option whenever I open a chart?
And that can't be the cause of the insufficient server resources problem that I was asking about in the title either.
Craig
MS Support  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 9:56:52 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Gherkin wrote:
no I'm sorry but that's wrong. It doesn't remember that I checked the box for Load Max Records. I wish it did. I just tried it several times and on Version 12.1.5501 and it doesn't remember.
Every time I want to load max data (which is absolutely every time I open a chart) I have to double click the x-axis to check the box. And it wouldn't matter if that option was on the power bar either cos I'd still have to manually check it each time there as well. Can't I just have Load Max data as my default option whenever I open a chart?
And that can't be the cause of the insufficient server resources problem that I was asking about in the title either.
Craig

Oops looks like you are correct. It is actually tied to the Retain Scale option being checked in version 12, so if you check both Load Maximum Records and Retain Scale this should work. This was changed in version 13 to be an independent option within the Power Console.

The insufficient server resources could also be due to losing connection to the Time Series (historical data) connection. Once you see this issue, if you see this with any other chart that you open, you may want to try running a XENITH System Test (Start-->All Programs-->Thomson Reuters-->Thomson Reuters Eikon Tools-->System Test) to see if it says anything about the Time Series connection.
Gherkin  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 4:36:09 PM(UTC)
Gherkin

Thank you very much for that scale retention fix! I appreciate it.
I will also do the XENITH system test when I next encounter the error as you instruct and see what happens.
Thank you
Craig