logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nasdaqtrader  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:46:09 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Dear Fellow Traders, I'm constrantly going back and forth between MetaStock and Omnitrader. Can someone shed more light which one to go with. To me it seems that the main horse power of MetaStock needs to be upgraded and there has been no new improvement made since 2000. Please can someone help me make that final decision. I want to trade full time and be able to use a good charting software to make a great living. In OmniTrader the chart book is compatible to layout. But in Omnitrader easies to open. OmniTrader is more automatic. Omnitrader has Broker capabilities not in MetaStock. Looks like more professional traders use MetaStock then Omnitrader MetaStock needs to get premarket and post market data MetaStock need to upgrade the scan process and alot quicker Can some one help me please Frank K
Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:41:45 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
"If you only own a hammer, then eventually everything looks like a nail"

Why only use one software? No single software package fulfils all of everyone's needs, so for example, I use at least four commercial/free applications, plus all of the codes/applications I have written for myself.

wabbit [:D]

nasdaqtrader  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:56:44 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Wabbit, I just feel that MetaStock main engine needs major overhaul. Seems to me that they are only looking to push the plugins then making and keeping up with the competition. Did you ever use OmniTrader? Frank K
Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
wabbit  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:06:11 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
nasdaqtrader wrote:
I just feel that MetaStock main engine needs major overhaul. Seems to me that they are only looking to push the plugins then making and keeping up with the competition.

Concur. It's a personal opinion, but I don't think that any of the major releases of MS after 8.0 should have been called new versions 9,10, 11 etc; they should have been minor releases 8.1, 8.2 8.3 etc. MS used to be the industry standard, now its the baseline of functionality as just about every other software package I can think of has surpassed MS in usability, functionality, data accessibility and speed, but for simple charting and easily being able to code up a [censored]nal of trading indicators and systems, it's still very useful.

nasdaqtrader wrote:
Did you ever use OmniTrader? Frank K

No.

wabbit [:D]

eddie.m  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:33:49 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Quote:
@nasdaqtrader

I'm constrantly going back and forth between MetaStock and Omnitrader.

Hello there,

OmniTrader has a fantastic feature where you can watch prices scroll automatically. A game mode inexistent, as far as I know, in other software. You will learn a lot, mainly how unexpected prices could be, something that will teach you to protect your trade wisely.

Great for beginners.

After you made a few bucks with it, switch to MS that gives you the pleasure of programming your own code.