logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sam1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:47:07 AM(UTC)
sam1

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello community, I have been trying to make a multiple time frame layout or smart chart. For the layout the trend lines keeps moving from one chart a different one. For the smart chart I could not apply more than one time frame. So, is there a way to have the trend lines of one individual stock to be applied to it alone without dragging it all over other charts. thanks every body.
jjstein  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:13:08 AM(UTC)
jjstein

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Sam,

You can only set one Periodicity at a time for a chart.

For multiple timeframes, add the chart to a layout, twice.

Set Periodicity as DAILY, create a new layout, then add the chart.

Re-open the chart, set Periodicity to WEEKLY, then add it to the layout.

If you want the symbol to change in both timeframes when you click the arrow at bottom right toolbox, you must check the TOOLS -- OPTIONS -- CHART OPTIONS -- CHANGE SECURITY -- CHANGE ALL CHARTS IN LAYOUT.

sam1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:46:24 PM(UTC)
sam1

Thank you jjstein for the response. I hear what you are saying. The problem with the layout is when you analyze one stock and set the trend lines, fibo .. etc, then move to another stock the trend lines moves to the other chart. I need them to stay with the chart that I draw them on. For smart charts as you draw a trend lines, fibo ... etc, the drawings stays within the assigned chart and does not move to the other charts. So, what I need to know is how to open a layout as a smart chart that save the studies applied to that chart only. I think I need a layout to deal with the charts within as smart charts not as regular chart. I hope this is clear. Regards,
jjstein  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:03:26 PM(UTC)
jjstein

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
sam1 wrote:
So, what I need to know is how to open a layout as a smart chart that save the studies applied to that chart only. I think I need a layout to deal with the charts within as smart charts not as regular chart. I hope this is clear. Regards,

That is not possible. Once a chart is placed in a layout, it is a separate entity from a smart chart. Also, there is only ONE smart chart per symbol -- "smart" being defined as contained in a sub-folder of the symbol's folder, so MS knows to open it when you click the symbol and to save it automatically. It's "smart", not "genius"<g>.

One option would be to save the chart as a pair of regular charts -- *.MWC, and use a naming convention, like AAPL-D and AAPL-W (daily & weekly). Open them together to review. As long as you don't use them to "browse" other symbols, it should work.