logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TrendTrader7  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2011 3:58:14 PM(UTC)
TrendTrader7

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I get data from my data service provider in excel format. The data contains fields such as Ticker, Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Turnover, Volume, Avg Traded Price, PE, Delivery Volume and Open Interest (for its respective futures contracts).

I am able to convert this excel data in Metastock Format using Downloader for only fields- Ticker, Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume and Open Interest. Remaining no other data fields are stored.

Is there any way to store all the fields in Metastock Format and fetch them in Indicator Builder?

Appreciate your response...

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 3:06:57 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Each MetaStock data file only hold the standard 6 fields (Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, Open Interest).

The only option would be to import the rest into a second data file with a made up ticker symbol. Put the data in the standard fields. For example, you could put the Turnover in the Open, the Avg trade price in the High, etc. Then you could use the Security() function to access the data. however, you could have to have a separate custom indicator for each security so you could specify which symbol to look at
TrendTrader7  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 7:18:01 AM(UTC)
TrendTrader7

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks for your response.

I had thought about this approach and created 2 sets of data-
SecurityName - Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, Open Interest
SecurityName.Suffix - Avg Traded Price (Open), Dev Volume (High), PE (Low), Turnover (Close)

I even tried to create a Custom Indicator that would fetch the Security Symbol of the existing ticker and just concatenate the suffix and pass in the formula.

But Unfortunately, these things are not possible using Metastock Formulas. Hence, imported only data that is supported by Metastock.

Thanks again for your support.