logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dr0832  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:59:22 PM(UTC)
dr0832

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I used to use linear regression indicator in Esignal which calculated a linear regression on price over ALL price data and then it would calculate various channels that were for instance .5, .7., 1.5 standard deviations from the linear regression (mid point). I want to see if this has been programed in metastock 11 or if its possible to program this. I am not sure how to post a screenshot of the indicator but I will be happy to post it. Back in 2006 when I was using this indicator I was told esignal was the only software that had this indicator but i assume this is no longer the case. The indicator is projected into the future which is the most useful part. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I do not have any programming experience.
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 2:17:10 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The Linear Regression Channel has been in MetaStock for over 10 years, but it is not an indicator. In Metastock, it is a line study. you can select it from the left hand toolbars or from the Insert menu. You would then click where you want the channel to start and drag to where you want it to end. If you want to set deviations, then use the Standard Deviation Channel instead.

With both channels, if you edit the properties, you can set them to extend to the far right edge of the chart.
Derek Worswick  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:06:52 PM(UTC)
Derek Worswick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Will this help? ------8=end-(Periods-1)); center:=If(start=0,pt - (slope*(end-Cum(1))),0); dis:=nd*LastValue(STE( C, Periods)); center+dis; center; center-dis -----------8<---------------------- replace " STE " with " Stdev"