logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rudolf  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 8:05:54 PM(UTC)
rudolf

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello,

Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I have created a code that does not work and I have isolated the part of the code that does not work.

Indeed, the following formula does not work:

base:= security(“spy”,c);

I have rewritten as shown below, but it still does not work:

base:= security(“online:ibm”,c);

I subscribe to reuters datalink and my subscription evidently provides me with access to the “spy” symbol. I did open the chart of “spy” with no issue.

If I create a custom indicator called “base”, with the following formula:

Security(“spy”,c);

Or with the formula:

security(“online:ibm”,c);

When I try to plot my custom indicator in a chart, I get the following message:

{Custom Indicator Error

The following error occurred while calculating base:

No data exists for requested date range in security() function.

Symbol: “spy”This error message makes no sense at all since when I open the spy chart the first bar is on the 10/2/2008 and the last bar is on the The only possibility I see is a possible confusion in the dates as the US format is M/D/Y whereas anywhere else it is D/M/Y. Indeed, if I point my cursor on a specific bar in the chart I see the date in the D/M/Y format. Could it be the reason ?

I would appreciate it so much if you could provide me with some help.

johnl  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:16:18 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I never had any luck with "security()" unless I used the full path of the security. I think
"online" means you are using data on a remote server, which means you need to be using
the Pro version of MS ( feel free to correct me if I am wrong).
So I would try the full path.