logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RockCzar  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:30:07 AM(UTC)
RockCzar

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hey guys, I am having a little trouble with this one, please help me out. I'm working with live tick data in Excel and want to export the calculation via OLE to Metastock (Pro 11) 1 and 5 minute charts as an indicator. I can bring the data into MS, but it backfills instead of "pushing against the right edge." Let me try explain that better: If I'm on a 1 minute (1M) chart in MS, by midday I will have about 240 data points - 240 * 1M minute candles that is. Now if I import my Excel calcs for the same period, l have about 4000 data points which MS reads as 4000 1M candles. So instead of being restricted to the current session, the indicators plots backwards maybe a week. Wondering if there might be a fix in Metastock? Currently my data is just a column of values, if I add a column with time values will MS be able to read and recognise it? Alternately, is there a way in Excel to only create a new cell / data point / minute bar with the passage of every actual minute? All help appreciated, cheers.
wiked  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:38:00 AM(UTC)
wiked

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I do not know much about Excel but when you paste or copy data to metastock from a spreadsheet, if you do not include a date and time column(s), metastock assumes the top row is the aligned with the first bar loaded in metastock. If you include columns for the date and time, then the imported data should align with the data in your chart.