logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blackcat54  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 7, 2010 11:05:51 AM(UTC)
blackcat54

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I built a fully functioning system in the Expert Adviser and am having trouble duplicating it in the EST. The system maintains a long or short position at all times and allows multiple positions.

EST settings: Single Portfolio Bias, and Multiple Positions selected.

I go long via the Buy Order Tab at price midpoint.

I go short via the Sell Short Tab at price midpoint.

I exit long via the Sell Order Tab at the Stop Price.

I exit short via the Buy to Cover Tab at the Stop Price.

Scenario1) If I am long the market 2 contracts and generate a go short signal, three contracts are sold at price midpoint, two to offset the 2 longs, and one to initiate the new short position Keeping me in the market. (What I want)

Scenario2) If I am long the market two contracts and a sell stop is hit, generating an exit long signal, the two contracts are sold at the stop price Taking me out of the market. (What I do not want) In this senario, I want to sell 3 contracts at the stop price, not two.

Scenario 1 executed at midpoint price works fine. What I want is for Scenario 2 executed at the stop price to behave just like Scenario 1.

While go long and go short orders always keep me in the market, exit long and exit short orders take me out of the market. I always want to be in the market. The only way to stay in the market when a stop penetration exit signal is generated is to place a new go long or go short at price midpoint, while this is the action I want, it is at the wrong price. If a stop is hit, I want the new position to be executed at the stop price, not the midpoint price.

This is actually a simple scenario, and I am having trouble believing that the EST doesn't allow for this type of trading style.

Dennis