logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kjiten  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 5:25:03 AM(UTC)
kjiten

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi,

I want to plot/highlight some particular event from intraday data on Daily chart. Suppose during the day 1 hour RSI crossed 70 then is there any way I can put a symbol/highlight such day on daily charts.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful forum.

Jiten
mstt  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 3:35:25 PM(UTC)
mstt

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Hi Jiten

I don't believe this is possible. It is possible to plot events for a higher timeframe on a lower timeframe chart, but not the other way around. If your chart uses intraday data to plot daily bars then to all intents and purposes that data is DAILY data, not intraday data. The fact that a daily periodicity chart is generated from intraday data does not mean that the underlying intraday data is available to you.

Roy

kjiten  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:08:37 PM(UTC)
kjiten

Hey Roy,
Thanks a lot for the reply.

I was wondering is there anyway we can do processing on intraday data on daily charts. We can transfer the intraday data through the security function.
Is it possible.

Regards

mstt  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:37:29 PM(UTC)
mstt

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Hi Jiten

Not as far as I'm aware. What you can do is plot daily data or indicators on intraday charts, but if the primary chart you're working wth is EOD then I can't see how you can make use of any intraday situations except something like OPEN below yesterday's CLOSE and HIGH greater than yesterday's CLOSE. In other words, only what you can deduce from an EOD bar can be used on an EOD chart - all other intraday activity is lost unless you use an intraday chart for your worksheet. If you have a 10-minute chart open then you can plot 20, 30, and 60 minute (etc.) activity on it, but you cannot plot or work with tick, 1 or 5 minute activity. In the same way you can plot weekly activity on daily charts but you cannot plot daily activity on weekly charts. I hope this is clear. Of course I've been wrong before - I think that was 1973.

Roy

mark1230  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:36:54 PM(UTC)
mark1230

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

well i think we can't do it though you can plot it within minute breaks but not like this.