logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cody  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2009 12:39:19 AM(UTC)
Cody

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hope someone can help me out.

I have just purchased a new laptop running windows 7 and want to transfer the license from my old laptop running XP to the new laptop running Windows 7. I am running MS EOD version 10.0.

When I try to prepare the media on the new machine under the License manager I come up with the error "Unable to install windows service".

Now I understand from reading other posts, that the AST service needs to be running and version 10.0 may not be compatible after windows XP.

While I have helped people find and start the AST service I cannot find this in Windows 7 in the same services section so any help would be appreciated from the Guru's.

If I need to upgrade to version 10.1 - can someone please let me know what is involved to do this. Thanks.

Justin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 1:56:49 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

You may need to try right-clicking on the License Manager and specifically choosing Run As Administrator. We have also seen unusual issues due to the UAC (User Account Control) being set too high in 7.

10.1 is a free update to registered 10.0 customers, downloadable via the My Downloads section of our web site:

https://www.metastock.com/customer/service/downloads/