logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scaleo  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2009 10:36:10 AM(UTC)
Scaleo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, I am using Metastock 11 Realtime. Yesterday I installed few new driver. Now following Error occurse while I want to launch MS: "Originally licensed on a different computer." It is inpossible to launch MS or the control activation... Un-installing and re-installing takes no effects to my problem. I talked to my local purchaser (Sharework) and they will remove the online license so that i can register online after a succesful installation, but that wont be fix the problem I do have on my local machine yet. What can I do? Are there some regestry entries or files I do have to delete manually? I am strongly dependet on MS and now I can not work... Please help me out! Thanks Scaleo
Justin  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2009 1:46:02 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

There are a couple things needed to resolve this error.

-Update Control Activation 2.3.6
http://sf.equis.com/dd600225-1347-40df-80b3-d127d75700e0_ControlActivation_v2_3_6.exe

The files need to replace the ones in your MetaStock folder. If you are on Vista or 7, you will need to Unzip this file to someplace else like your Desktop first, and then copy/paste these files into C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Equis\MetaStock on 64-bit machines). There are 3 files, ControlActivation.exe, ControlActivation.exe.cfg, and boxsmall.jpg. The EXE is the critical one, but you can move all 3 into the MetaStock folder.

After you have properly placed the Control Activation (2.3.6) into the MetaStock folder, please run Control Activation.

Control Activation will think you are still activated, but MetaStock will still have an error. You will need to use the "Import Activation Certificate" method to activate MetaStock again. This is described within the "Help" button in Control Activation (under "Activation Overview").

Once you have successfully re-activated you should be fine.
Scaleo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:31:17 AM(UTC)
Scaleo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks for your fast solution! Everything works now very well again.