logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cody  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 6:09:58 PM(UTC)
Cody

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi I am hoping some one can help me help a friend who is living in a remote location so I cannot get access to his machine to look.

After upgrading version 10.1 (Recent purchase) to version 11.0 which appeared to work ok, as he could close and open metastock after the upgrade, he tried to install the Rad Chandelier trailing stop from www.tradernexus.com

After running the executable he now gets the following message and cannot open Metastock.

MetaStock License Required
---------------------------
Unable to install Windows Service.

I know the trailings stop was developed for up to version 10.x and dont know if there are compatability issues with version 11.0 (yes I will follow up with them as well) but would be interested to know if there is a known issue that you can help me out.

Any help on what to do next would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Justin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:20:13 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

The plug-in installation was likely coincidental. We have seen the ASTSRV.EXE get deleted from the C:\Windows\System32 folder, but we're not sure why. It doesn't make a lot of sense that a file can be fully installed and working in Windows, then suddenly deletes itself from the System32 folder.

That being said, reinstallation of MetaStock will resolve the issue. We've also included a "Resource" folder on the MetaStock 11 CD that contains the ASTSRV.EXE, which needs to reside in the C:\Windows\System32 (or SysWOW64 on 64-bit OS's). Downloads will simply have to be reinstalled,
or you can also use this link to get a copy of the ASTSRV.EXE:

http://sf.equis.com/b1093695-2f9e-4f7c-ac02-4fa8a8b675d5_ASTSRV_MS11.exe

Note: The above download will attempt to auto-unzip this file into C:\Windows\System32. Windows Vista/Windows 7 may have issues with this and it may be best to Browse and unzip the file to your Desktop, then manually Copy/Paste the file into the appropriate folder. If this sounds more complicated than its worth, just reinstall MetaStock :)

Additionally, we have yet to see the file go missing on the same PC twice, so reinstalling once should correct the issue permanently on that particular PC.

It also seems that the ASTSRV.EXE goes missing after the first reboot on some PC's. We'll continue looking for a logical explanation of this, but it has been a challenge to find a definitive explanation.
Cody  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 5:04:44 PM(UTC)
Cody

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi Justin

I just wanted to say thank you for the response its greatly appreciated. Have a good one.

Regards