logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vekian  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:51:00 PM(UTC)
vekian

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi all. It has probably been asked before but there's too many posts to wade through to find. I'm having trouble converting csv files to metastock, from yahoo. Can someone run it through step by step? I have Professional 8 version. Thanks.
Data  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 4:07:53 PM(UTC)
Data

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

The easiest way to do that would be to buy HQuote Pro. It's something like $ 50.
annonymous  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:55:51 PM(UTC)
annonymous

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I think it's 70 euros now. I also believe it's too much for data you can get for free with a few lines of code.

I've also had this problem with csv files and i think i've figured it out now:
- open the csv file in Excel
- chose "save as" and chose the file type ".xls"

You can then use the Downloader that comes with MetaStock: from the top menu -> Tools->Convert, chose Excel file type for the source file and the rest I think you can manage by yourself.

In my case, the convertion stopped with an error: "maximum warnings exceeded". If this happens to you too, open the "Convert" dialog again. Chose "Options" and set the "Message Limits" (you'll see 2 fields there: "max errors" and "max warnings") to a higher value. I've set it to 25000, and the process completed successfully :D

But what I've done was to supress the warnings resulting from the convertion. The donwloader did not tell me what those warnings were about, it just gave me the error I've mentioned above. Now I'm not sure if I can trust the data. I've checked a few random values against the values on yahoo website and they were correct....but i'm still worried...

And vekian, don't rush into throwing your money on software to download free data. I'll be writing my own software for this and i'll make it available for free of course. And i'm planning to have this done very soon.
muheeb  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:01:07 PM(UTC)
muheeb

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

did you write that software?..I am so looking forward for it