logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbosnjak  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 7:06:01 AM(UTC)
mbosnjak

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, I'm trying to install MS v10.1 EOD on Vista 64bit OS.

I received the error 119 message towards the end of installation. Now I've also tried running:

Click Start-->Run

-Type regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\ATL.DLL

However I then subsequently received the error code 0x8002801c message.

Then having scoured google for a fix, which in turn has not worked either. I tried running the regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\msxm14.dll as an administrator and I then received an error saying it could not load the module and to make sure that the binary is stored at the specific path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant .DLL files.

I've also tried the Comdlg32.ocx command with the same error message - all run as the administrator.

Can you please help me......

Justin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:51:57 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

The file is actually MSXML4.DLL, not MSXM14.DLL so that would explain the failure to register that DLL. However, the problem is not likely with the DLL itself but is more a permission-related quirk with Vista.

With Vista you typically have to register DLLs from an elevated command prompt, meaning you would need to click Start, type CMD on the Search box, and when Command Prompt appears above where you were typing, you can right-click on it and choose "Run As Administrator". When the command prompt opens it should say "Administrator: Command Prompt" instead of just "Command Prompt".

Depending on whether you're installing from a CD or download and whether you're trying to force the install to Run As Administrator or not will help determine the solution.