logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CraigA  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 8:02:28 PM(UTC)
CraigA

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I am a new user and was unable to install Metastock 10.1 because of above error. Read excerpt of E mail to customer support for resolution:

.....I spoke to you last Friday about the following error when trying to install Metastock 10.1 (subscription) EOD:

“An error occurred during the move data process: -119 Component Microsoft

Shared DLLs File Group: Shared DLLs -SelfReg

File: C:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll"

I was using Windows XP Home Version.

After about 20 hours of research and playing around I finally figured it out!

If you remember regsvr32.exe would not register msxml4.dll. It would give the following message:

"DLLRegServer : registration of msmxl4.dll failed. Return code 0x80070005"

I tracked down the return code to mean "unauthorized access" i.e. I did not have privileges to register the file.

I was logged on as an administrator and even set up a new administrator in both safe mode and regular mode and still was not able to access and register the msxml4.

I opened up "regedit.exe". Under "Edit" I opened up permissions. It turned out that even though I was an administrator, I did not have full write and read privileges in all the major keys and subkeys. I then made sure that I had full privileges in EACH of the major keys (i.e. for example, I highlighted HKEY_Local Machine and under my username (who had administrator privileges) I clicked full write and read. This allowed me to register msxml4.dll which in turn also allowed me to install Metastock 10.1. .....

I suspect that this problem arose because of having two username administrators at one time and I deleted one at a later date. I suspect that XML 4.0 was initially installed under the previous administrator user name which did not allow the current administrator to reregister the file.

Anyhow, I hope that this information will help another user to avoid this same problem no matter how infrequent. I will try to post this information on the Equis Community Forums.

thanks 1 user thanked CraigA for this useful post.
rockyfiren730 on 10/17/2018(UTC)
Justin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2008 7:34:33 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Great information, thank you for passing this along.
khiemw  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
khiemw

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello,

I have the same problem! I open up regedt32.exe, and I highlight HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE, I have full control and read permission, I didn't see write anywhere. Is there is special key that I have to look for the set for permission. Any help is appriated!

Kim

Justin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:41:12 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

This error can occur for multiple reasons. Which version of Windows are you using?