logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thalekick  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 7:34:28 AM(UTC)
Thalekick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello,

Im just recently started using Metastock and I would like to share my experiences with new potential users

Im a junior FX trader for a bank and i have been trading for the last 2 years. My trades where always based on news, economic outlook, and what i felt was good doing. During the last 2 years I experienced that my biggest enemy was emotion. Looking back, I've lost money and missed very good trades because of that emotion. So i figured to get the computer to help me decide. Basicly a program that would help me make rational choices. After looking around on the internet I came across Metastock.

On the Equis website i viewed the info video and I was convinced to get this program. I had a call with Greg Allred, salesperson from equis and he's been very helpfull. He offered me a complete package with a 30days money back garantee, wich means if you are not satisfied after 30 days you can get your money back.

Since im a professional trader i couldnt get my company to pay to test the software so in the end i got a trailversion of 2 months from reuters ( only available for professionals).

When i got the trailversion I started to view all getting started videos on the website, a great place to start your adventure! After some practice i was able to start making my own indicators and system tests. But a big problem seemed you need "programming skills", well that looked like a challenge!

I started reading the forum and had good help from the formula primer, a must read you can download under the files section of the forum. After the primer the forum is very good to learn from more experienced users of metastock.

Step by step i was able to build my own indicator system. Its not perfect yet, but its a work in progress.

I was amazed how good the system was, it worked so good that i got suspicious. So I started a test with 2 fellow traders. Both colleagues followed the system blindly, i did follow it but i tried to beat it by doing trades differently.

The outcome was very surprising, both colleagues got a better succesratio and made more money then i did. I didnt need more proof!

Metastock proved to be very helpfull, it looks at your rules and gives the outcome at every realtime bar. And thats a great help, its also a lot easier to keep track of several currencypairs without loosing oversight.

I can surely recommend metastock to everyone thats interested in being/becoming a trader either for personal or professional use. There is a great community out here (internet) where you can get all info and help you want! Its easier to master the program then it looks ;-)

grtz

Stijn