logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
obe777  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2007 5:34:36 PM(UTC)
obe777

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

okay, I'm still stuck. After searching and trying to get support from Live Chat, I'm still unable to download the DOW index.

using metastock EOD 10.1 w/ datalink.

I've created a new security:

File --> new --> security --> look up

Type: Indicies (datalink symbols)

Group: United States

Seached by name and found some .DJI, .DJI3 ... none of these options will work. I keep getting invalid symbol.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks.

vaughn  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2007 9:16:33 AM(UTC)
vaughn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, I am on 10 EOD with datalink. I didn't delete have to create a new security, I left all of the default folders of Metastock Data even though I initially didn't sign up for the index data from Reuters. Once I decided I wanted that data and signed up for it - it gets updated when ever I use the downloader for updates.

The DOW Jones Industrial Average symbol is .DJI. I also tried doing like you did, File, new security. I knew the symbol, so I didn't need to lookup. Lookup will only grab data you already have in an existing folder or sym file anyway. One thing I found was initially entered the symbol in lower case {.dji} and it didn't work. I changed it to upper case {.DJI as an example} and it worked. It didn't matter what I used as the name.

If you have tried searching your folders, assuming you haven't deleted the index folder, and creating a new symbol - Reuters might not have your subscription right. Call them and make sure it is turned on. I let my indexes lapse one year. When I finally renewed - it was turned on that night. They were pretty good about it.

vm
obe777  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2007 1:23:10 AM(UTC)
obe777

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hey vaughn, I tried it again tonight by just plugging in the .DJI symbol. Same result as before:

Invalide symbol.

I'm going to call Reuters tomorrow and see what the deal is. Its retarded that I can get other symbols easily but when it comes to the indices, its a freaking pain.