logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
delste  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2007 5:57:56 PM(UTC)
delste

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have been investing in mutual funds for about 25 years. Everything is in taxqualified money. For the last two years I have been trading and investing in some stocks. I use TeleChart and VectorVest. Is Metastock a good addition or replacement?

Thanks

hayseed  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2007 6:31:02 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey delste...... meta would be at the very least a very valuable addition.... and depending on your volume $/share of trades meta could possibly take center stage....

the cost of the program is minor when compared to the additional cost of data needed to support it..... but your using vector so your familar with data subscriptions.....

there are plenty of free apps and sites that allow for technical scans, crossing 50 ma, macd cross , high volume and such ...... which are all excellent in there intended use....

meta however, takes techincal analysis to a much higher and user configurable level..... add the freedom of laptops and you can take the entire market anywhere to be studied at will......

there is a learning curve with all programs.... meta's curve is very manageable when compared to wealth lab and similar.....

at one point, possibly still, there was a trial period where if you bought it and it turned not your cup of tea , it was returnable..... might be worthwhile to inquire..... good luck with your decision..... h

Thalekick  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:50:36 AM(UTC)
Thalekick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello Delste

I can highly recommend u getting metastock. I have been using a trail version since beginning of this month and my succesratio has almost doubled. I am a professional trader and trade on technical basis.

I didnt know anything about programming systems/indicators/advisors and i have to agree that the there is indeed a learning curve but i found a lot of good and usefull information in this forum and on the website.

I feel Metastock helped both me and my trading to a higher level, the biggest enemy a trader can have is emotion, and metastock helps me now to make rational dicissions.

I can illustrate that, when i started using metastock i programmed all my rules i used to make in my head, when the system was setup, me and a colleague made trades, i did it as I used to, my colleague used metastock. I was astonished that my colleague got a higher succesratio and bigger profits then i had. That was the ultimate proof for me!

if you have any more questions feel free to leave me a message here

alphateam  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:12:29 PM(UTC)
alphateam

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hello Delste

Why don't you get in touch with a local user group through this forum and meet and talk to some people who use Metastock? You'll be able to see how they trade and have tweaked the program to suit their own trading style.

best wishes