logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
serena  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2007 10:13:29 AM(UTC)
serena

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi!

After some few seconds of testing by using System Tester, get the message

“mswin.exe encountered a problem and will be shut down”.

Error details:

Exception Information

Code: 0xc0000005Record: 0x0000000000000000 0x00000000016e0014

Using Thanks in advance for the help!

Nickless  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2007 4:01:43 PM(UTC)
Nickless

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Serena,

System Tester has a major drawback. It's the file St_data.mdb stored at ...\equis\metastock folder. This file is the database where all buy/sell conditions (=systems) and system test results are stored. As it keeps growing each time System Tester is used, it impairs system performance, sometimes generating error messages as the one you have received.

When Metastock is installed a "clean" St_data.mdb file is stored at ...\equis\metastock folder. It is advisable to keep a backup of this original file. After some System Tester use replace the active St_data.mdb by this backup file, as follows:

a) Create a back up of your systems, through the export function,
b) Rename the "old" ST_data.mdb file as ST_data_old.mdb,
c) Copy the original "ST_data.mdb" backup file to ...\equis\metastock folder.
d) Use import function to reinstall your systems.

It's cumbersome, but works.

Nickless
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2007 6:28:22 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
If this is a System Tester ST_data.mbd issue, please see http://forum.equis.com/blogs/wabbit/archive/2006/09/07/20699.aspx
serena  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2007 7:42:26 PM(UTC)
serena

Hi!

Thanks for the posts!

I've tried to delete se_data.mdb and reinstall Metastock, after.

But it didn't work. Again, had a crash after few seconds test.

Some other ideas?
wabbit  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2007 9:30:39 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Serena,
Can you please provide some more informatuon that will allow us to help you.

EXACTLY what are you doing at the time of the crash? Running a system test? A built in test or a custom test? If customised, please show us the code. On how many stocks are you running the tester? Which stock(s). Tell us about your computer, operating system, RAM etc.

The more information the better.

wabbit [:D]

serena  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2007 9:11:18 AM(UTC)
serena

Again, thanks for the interest and for the help.

When I get the crash, I’m doing nothing, besides the test itself.

Error occurs just few seconds after test begins.

A detail: if I perform a short simulation with up to around 200 tests, runs OK.

Running a customized test, but I’m almost sure this troubled is related to my hardware or software, instead of customized System Test, since I’ve installed Metastock in another machine for a test and that worked OK.

Comparing configuration, where first PC is the test one, that runs without any trouble and the second my major machine, where have the error just few seconds after test begins:

Processor: 1) Pentim 1500 x 2) AM2 64 X2 3800

RAM: 1) 256MB x 2) 1GB

HD: 1) IDE 40GB with FAT 32 x 2) SATA2 160GB NTFS (could archives system be related to the problem?)

MS Office version: 1) Office 2000 x 2) Office 2007 (could Office version be related to the problem, since Metastock uses an Access format archive, to perform some test operations?)

Best Regards,

Serena

wabbit  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2007 8:46:14 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Serena,

You made no mention of the other big killer, antivirus software?

There is nothing in the above post that stands out to be causing any errors like you have been experiencing. You mentioned that you reinstalled MS, but did you do a COMPLETE uninstallation first? If you are still having troubles, this might be part of a possible solution: uninstall MetaStock. Use a tool (or manually) scrub all the appropriate entries from the registry (TAKE A BACK UP FIRST!), restart your computer and then reinstall MS.

Different versions of Office should not matter because the Jet database format (i.e. the format of an .mdb file remains the same regardless of version, with one or two minor differences that are backwardly compatable)

wabbit [:D]

*PP  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 1:49:56 AM(UTC)
*PP

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Serena,

I have two computers one Pentium IV Dual Core (the newest) and one old AMD 2800. Curently i use Metastock v8 but i also have Metastock v9 and 7. When i first bought my Pentium (last summer) i have installed meta9 because at the time that was the version i used and it was installed also on my AMD on wich worked smoothly. However on my new Pentium when i did a exploration wich did required intensive computing Meta9 had the same error that u mentioned while on my old AMD worked without problems. Now i am using v8 because it runs smoothly on both machines and don`t ask me why Meta9 has "encountered a problem and need to close" on my newest and more performant Pentium IV Dual Core while worked on my old AMD 2800 without problems both computers having the same programs installed. So

serena  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 6:02:00 AM(UTC)
serena

@ wabbit:
Using Avast antivirus.
And will try to reinstall MS, removing manually the registry entries first.

@ *pp:
very interesting - as in my case, you has no problems running MS 9 System Tester on old machine, but error occurs while performing MS on a 64 bits dual core processor (obviously I’m not saying this is the trouble, since I suppose MS 9 System Tester runs with no troubles on lots of other dual core machines, but has happened in our cases).

Anyway, thank

serena  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2007 9:02:42 AM(UTC)
serena

I’ve installed MS 9 again, after uninstalling and removing registry entries, but didn’t work.

Same error on System Tester, after

Rogerio  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 4:44:38 PM(UTC)
Rogerio

Hi Serena and team,

I am desperately working for a solution for this problem. I have a Pentium celeron that just works fine , so I moved to my new Duo Core 2 and I can't make it work. I installed and reinstalled so many times and the problem persists. I am using v9 Pro for Real Time. My last action was to disable all Antivirus, spamkiller and etc.....

Thanks in advance for anybody's help!

Justin  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2007 7:17:06 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Can you try opening/running the System Tester with an integrated browser opened first? Click File-->New-->Browser, then go into the Enhanced System Tester and try running your simulations again.
Rogerio  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2008 7:55:36 AM(UTC)
Rogerio

HI Pyradius,

Now, I have removed MS and reformatted my computer. I am going to install it again and try what you suggested. It just seems odd that my computer and a guy in purebytes.com had the same problem. We both had a duo Core 2, from Dell, Xps and Latitude and both had the same problem. Can it be caused by Macfee or any other pre-installed software that you heard about ? Thanks, Rog

Justin  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 11:00:24 AM(UTC)
Justin

It is possible but I do not believe it is McAfee. If you are starting with a clean system though, it certainly wouldn't hurt to try putting MetaStock on first and running a system test.
Rogerio  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 10:17:23 AM(UTC)
Rogerio

I just tried to do what you recommended and it did not work again. Any other suggestion ??

Thanks,

Rog

Justin  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 4:03:22 PM(UTC)
Justin

Which version of Windows are you using? When exactly does the error message appear? Are you running on Local Data or Data on Demand? Are you running a single system test or multiple system tests? Are you testing multiple securities? Can you try testing the Sample folder?
Rogerio  
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:45:55 PM(UTC)
Rogerio

I am using Windows Xp Home version. The error appears after some seconds of simulation, but it varies, sometimes it shows up sooner, another times later but it always happens after few simulations after I hit Start. I am using my local data to run it, using single system test and multiple securities. I did try using the sample folder, it did not work too. Thanks.
Justin  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2008 3:05:05 PM(UTC)
Justin

Just to clarify, you did attempt to run a simulation with an integrated browser open? (File-->New-->Browser)

If so, the next thing you may want to try is running the MDAC Component Checker provided by Microsoft at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=component%20checker&DisplayLang=en

When you run the component checker, you must Perform Analysis Against a Selected Version of Windows - For Windows XP SP2 this should be MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP2

After running the scan, you will have a list of results with + signs next to them on the left-hand side. Click on these + signs and make a note of any MISMATCH items that show up.
Rogerio  
#19 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 7:49:57 PM(UTC)
Rogerio

Hello,

Just confirming that I ran using Browser as you said. I also ran the comp check and I saw some files from ADO with version 2.81.1128 and it says the expected one is 2.81.1117, is that what you asked me? Thanks for helping me.

Justin  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:02:25 PM(UTC)
Justin

Yes that is what to look for. Were there any other MISMATCH values that you noticed?