logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seng  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 10:17:22 PM(UTC)
Seng

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have just managed to build up my Metastock database by converting from my Excel files. These are weekly data.So far the charts have turned out as they should be ie weekly bars.

Recently, I have started to use eSignal to download EOD data and at first I noticed that for some symbols, weekly data is downloaded and for others, it is daily data that is appended. The periodicity is specified as weekly in the data sheets. It is also the same problem for new symbols that were created solely with data from eSignal. So problem cannot be from my historical database. Now, my charts have a combination of weekly and daily bars.

I tried various solutions without overcoming the probem: downloading at end of the week instead of middle of the week and changing the default date in the Vendor Selection to the date of the weekly bar. Now all my weekly data are appended with daily data whenever I download them.

I appreciate your experience and advice. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Seng

Seng  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 10:28:10 PM(UTC)
Seng

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

This came as an afterthought maybe I should add this to my query.

I work primarily with weekly charts. Since I have eSignal data feed, I thought I might as well download the daily data as well. So for each security, I have two files named eg SPX Weekly and SPX Daily but sharing the same eSinal symbol, $SPX. Both located in the same folder. All my chart work is done in the weekly files.

Thanks.