logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wabbit  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2006 4:40:25 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Closer than before... but a little more scrutiny required to be fully validated:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.equis.com%2Fforums%2F3034%2FShowForum.aspxpplied the standards, this would pressure the browser authors to ensure their products render the web pages like they are supposed to!

wabbit :D
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2006 10:04:26 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Well, I'm chuckling... really, but you know Equis did not write the CS application. We could rewrite it all and make it compliant, but then we'd be in a mess when it comes time to install the next CS update. In the mean time, I will make sure that all of our content pages are validation compliant. BTW, are you just busting my ****'s or is the lack of validation messing with your online experience... rhetorical question.

wabbit  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2006 10:27:36 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Just messing with your mind... You know I am back at Uni, so the brain is switched on again to all things numbers and computing!

I had to build a site for Uni... out of the 'x' submitted projects, only one was fully W3C compliant for HTML and CSS. Wanna have a guess whose that was?

Guess whose site was the only one to have style sheets for screen media and printers? Its the small things that make the biggest impact.

wabbit [:D]

BTW - If you have JavaScripts turned off, just about the entire Forum site fails to load. If I were going to change anything behind the scenes, this is where I'd start. Why should I do all the processing? I think server-side pre-processing is better than client-side, but that's just me!? It won't be long and W3C will outlaw JS in the standards? We can only hope!
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2006 10:53:52 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Wabbit wrote:
Just messing with your mind...

I know. I'm glad you are back in school. Give 'em all the hell you can and then come back and help me to be not so ignorant.

Your remark about JS is interesting. The way I see it, we are going to support the most current technology available. If that happens to leave a few people in the dust, then it is unfortunate. There are numerous surveys on the web that report 90% or more of internet surfers are using WinXP. If that is true, then >most< people will be fine. I'm not trying to be callous, just realistic.