logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TNPK  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 6:58:23 AM(UTC)
TNPK

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Can anyone kind enough to tell me what I have wrong in doing the Forum Search for all topics and content with the word "data"? I try many times the result is none. Sorry for my stupid!
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2006 7:06:40 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
There are ongoing problems with the search function. The Forum Team are well aware of them. It is frustrating for all concerned, BUT, there is light at the end of the tunnel, as the new Forum which is due to roll out soon, will have a working search function. Or at least that is the hope. You are better of forgetting the function that is there is now, and just asking your question on the Forum. The Admin team and the Moderators accept that we will see the same questions over and over, but without the ability to search, what else can the new users do? Hope this helps. wabbit :D
Jose  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2006 6:05:15 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Whilst we wait for the new forum and search function to be up & running, one could always try Google search to do a forum keyword search. For example, to search for the word "data", copy & paste the following into Google's search input window: data site:forum.equis.com Searching for "latch": latch site:forum.equis.com Searching for "CCI": CCI site:forum.equis.com etc... etc site:forum.equis.com jose '-)
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:37:54 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks Jose. Everytime I think about this search function being worth zero, it makes me cuss. $%&^*& The new forum is a short time away... (how long have I been saying that?!)