logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dkpmba  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2006 12:59:10 AM(UTC)
dkpmba

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Guys, Any idea what is the problem. I have installed Metastock on my coporate laptop (on corporate standard environment). Everything seems working fine except metastock application interface. I can not see the interface, however the application is running. MSWin.exe is running as a process and not as an application. I don't see any application running. Now the wierd thing is that this MSWin.exe is consuming my CPU 99%. I don't know what is it doing, when I can't see the interface. The environment is - IBM Thinkpad Intel Centrino M, 512 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, Windows 2000 Pro One more thing, Metastock installation asked me to install dot net environment first. I installed that also, which was successful. After that metastock installation showed that the installation is successful. Can somebody help ? Regds DKP
gi0vanni  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2006 4:52:47 AM(UTC)
gi0vanni

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi When MetaStock starts but not come in screen... Did you have tried a simple "Alt + Tab" ? In my computer I have the same problem... resolved with a Alt+tab. I hope it serve to you (sorry bad english) Giovani
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2006 3:36:38 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Wow... this one slipped by me. Sorry for the delay; but Thanks to Gio for the answer! You might also try to use the Task Manager and go under APPLICATIONS... Right-click MetaStock and select SWITCH TO.
dkpmba  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2006 7:09:00 AM(UTC)
dkpmba

Guys- I think my problem is different. I tried the way you explained. The actual problem here is - MSWin.exe is runnning with 99% CPU utilization BUT Metastock application is not running. There is no interface. "ALT + TAB" Doesn't show Metastock icon. Task Manager Doesn't show Metastock application however shows MSWin.exe running as process. Wierd !! Huh!! I tried every possible things in my knowledge, but of no use. DKP
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2006 10:31:21 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hmm... How are you starting and stopping the MetaStock application? No matter what I do, I cannot get it to abandon MSWIN.exe... even if you are running the DDE client and then start it (or vice versa). That seems weird to me too. Assume that you want it to run- still, it shouldn't be consuming all of your resources. Make sure you are not trying to update too many files. You might want to check your real time configuration. If that doesn't shed light on it, you may need to call or email support. Check your Realtime Configuration options OPTIONS | REALTIME | CONFIGURE SERVER; then, check SERVER OPTIONS and FILE UPDATES