logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveDaGr8  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 9:15:32 AM(UTC)
DaveDaGr8

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

G'Day, I am having an issue with formorg on both version 8.0 and 9.0. I have 7.0 here as well but i haven't tried that. They are all original copies although version 9.0 was my friends and i only tried to install that for fault finding. Basically when i try and install Metastock it installs all of the files, then it hangs, the hard drive light blinks and this goes on for an hour or so before an error comes up. The error is an empty dialog box ( no info ) with an ok button and an exclamation mark. After this the installation finishes but when enter the program and i click on indicators or anything but explorer it says the file doesn't exist and it must be created. Explorer comes up with an error and just doesn't work at all. I have uninstalled .net framework, cleaned out the registry, hunted down and deleted anything to do with metastock. Uninstalled anything i don't need. Wiped out all anti virus and anything that pops up in the task bar The only things i haven't uninstalled is Visual studio 2003 and Office 2003. Jet 4 and mdac shouldn't need updating as mine are later than MS's. I'll do that later tonight, however they both work fine so i can't see them as being the culprits I have also installed both versions of metastock on my laptop, my backup computer and my friends computer. I don't know what is on this machine that has failed. I have wiped out that much now that i'll have to reformat anyway and put my trusty version 8 on, but i'd like to know what caused this catastrophe as it's my side job to fix problems like this.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2006 4:07:18 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No error message at all ... Weird :eek: Have you tried installing while running windows in safe mode? Patrick :mrgreen:
DaveDaGr8  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:29:53 AM(UTC)
DaveDaGr8

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Patrick, YEAH NA .. I get no error message. It's a blank messagebox with the title formorg and the exclamation pointer on the left side, an OK button but no actual text. Guess it's an error they hadn't counted on. Nope not as yet, but it's a good idea though i'll try that now and let you know. While it's hanging both jetcomp and formorg are running in the task manager. I have found i have 3 different versions of the ATL.DLL on the computer. I don't know if that's upsetting anything and i'm too scared to change the lower versions to higher versions. I would think it would look at the system32 version since that's the first dir in the search path and that's the latest version.