logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
konrad  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2005 3:24:36 AM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Ok... I purchased New Gateway pc... reliable , fast , no problem with pc, all update, upgrade....or at least I think I have all component..."MSI"MDAC" from Microsoft web site.. www.microsoft.com while instaling Metastock I got big problem.... real big... I have never seen this problem before... or at least I dont remeber.... :cry: I put cd put my user name password on Reuters account because I want to use as for Warsaw Stock Exchange and I have done it before on my old IBM pc and have never see this : After click ok on fist picture it direct me to second.. after click on second in direct me to third " unable to acces file program file\\equis\\ the downloader \\DLLWin.EXE Before I try to instal Metastock I have no instal any metastock component(plug in,add-onn),any .DLL file or anythink related to Metastock ps: I use Metastock Pro 9.0 but after I will instal it I wil update to MS pro 9.1 I have a cd I have delete all file on IBM pc, and I dont use anymore that pc... so it is not dublicate copy of Metastock load(instal)
johnl  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2005 2:43:00 PM(UTC)
johnl

Did you upgrade operating systems, what is it? do a windows search to verify the files exist where they should, I find dlwin.exe on my computer. You might want to shut off any anti-virus or firewall pgms( they fight with any (.exe) pgms trying to be installed. If you have it installed and are trying to get the communications up, you may need to set it up as "OK" with any security pgms (like Norton antivirus etc). Also try installing in "Safe Mode" (see windows help) to make sure you are not running into windows security.
konrad  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2005 4:03:55 PM(UTC)
konrad

hello Johnl I have brand new computer , I have Windows media center orginal version( no upgrade) I dont know if I can find dllwin.exe on Metastock software( because this error happen while instaling Metastock not after instalation ) Yes, I turn off my firewall and antivirus and Windows antivirus disable while instaling metastock Yup, I try a safe mode nope, nothing work now... I still can not instal Metastock... :cry:
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2005 5:51:01 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Dang K!!!!!!! Dude, you need to find a computer support friend. Your computer issues have no end... :cry:
Branden Russell  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2005 8:11:26 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

From the messages, my guess is that you are trying to install the data disc and not the MetaStock disk. You need MetaStock installed before being able to use data. Also, you can go straight to 9.1. It is cleaner and saves you time.
johnl  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2005 8:20:55 PM(UTC)
johnl

go to start (on desktop), click on "search", select "all files and folders", type in mswin.exe. Go to start (LHC of desktop) select all programs - select equis internation - if not there...... If metastock is installed, you should be able to run it... can you? If it is not found, yep, you need to install metastock first.