logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
konrad  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:36:48 PM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

ok.. here it go... I have dillema for few day of choose pc... Pentium 4 Hyper trading techonology 2 GB ram at 400 MHZ or Intel Penium D 1 GB at 533 MHZ also: Micorosft XP Home edition( I dont want proffesional... I have at 3 other pc...) or Microsoft XP Media Center Best Regard Konrad
Branden Russell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:46:45 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

The Pentium D will be faster since it can process two things at once. You should be able to add more RAM if needed to it. I wouldn't go with XP Home for it though. Pro is much better. It is better with resources, networking, etc. Go with XP Media Center if you plan to use the computer for watching TV and such. So for both questions, it depends what you're going to be doing with it.
konrad  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:54:03 PM(UTC)
konrad

Hey Brussel I wan to use on dual monitor : Metastock and Quotecenter... that why I need reliable fast pc... Ok then I am going to choose proffesional version versus Xp home edition... is 1 gb at 533 mhz enough memory to load Metastock and quotecenter at one time? or I need to upgrade up to 2 GB for faster application work? I have real limit knowledge about pc... sorry Best Regard konrad
Branden Russell  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:03:13 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

1 GB of RAM is what I have used to run QuoteCenter and MetaStock Pro and do development on them. I have a P4 2.8 GHz HT processor. If you are going to do a lot of charts and have lots of data going all at the same time, you may want to look at a little more than 1 GB, but 1 GB should get you started. The more RAM you have available, the faster things can run. When you have your programs open, you can see how much RAM is being used and see if more is worth it. Get your computer up and running how you would typically be using it (QC and MetaStock running, etc) and then press CTL-Shift- Esc at the same time. Then click the Performance tab. Here, you will see a graph of how much processor and RAM you are currently using. If you are nearing the limit of how much actual hardware RAM you have, then you might consider getting more. You will have virtual RAM, which is using hard drive space like RAM, but very much slower. You want to make sure most of what you are doing is running in hardware RAM.
konrad  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:19:18 PM(UTC)
konrad

Quote:
You want to make sure most of what you are doing is running in hardware RAM.
What that mean? as you tell me do do it it show me: 1014 mb ram free total of 1.5 GB ram 15% computer usage? is that ok? or I need more memory? I have took this info after runing metastock( no graph because my metastock is freezing as you may see post in chit chat section) and Quotecenter Best Regard Konrad
Branden Russell  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:21:10 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

konrad wrote:
What that mean? as you tell me do do it it show me: 1014 mb ram free total of 1.5 GB ram 15% computer usage?
Take a look where it says Physical Memory. If you're running low when you get your charts up, then yes, get more RAM.
konrad  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:27:40 PM(UTC)
konrad

I got 1024 average free physical memory is that ok? after chart open I check with history...
Branden Russell  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:28:52 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

.5/1.5 GB means you are using 1/3 of your RAM. You should be just fine.
konrad  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:58:45 PM(UTC)
konrad

Anybody use Microsoft Home media... I would like to know if is faster than XP home edition... is there any change in Micorosft home media that home dont have? also anybody bought anything at Amazon.com? I have purchase few books at amazon.com and what happen if I dont recieve them? is that web site secure? will they give me money back? I dont care much about cost of those book.. becuase it was real cheap... 14 books $80 I just want to know for futher ... I want to order more book if that web site is ok to use..... Best Regard Konrad
Branden Russell  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:11:57 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

There is no Media Home version of Windows XP. There is a Media Center version. As I mentioned before, it is for using your computer to watch TV and such. Try taking a look at Microsoft's site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/default.mspx They compare the versions and show you which has what. Home is the lowest version. The others are supersets of Home. They add more functionality. I am sure thousands of thousands of people have used amazon.com. That is how they have stayed in business for so long. They are plenty safe to buy from.
konrad  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2005 2:05:04 AM(UTC)
konrad

ok,today I bought pc: Price $950 after tax Intel® Pentium® D processor 820 with 2 processing cores, 800MHz frontside bus, 2 x 1MB L2 cache and 2.8GHz processor speed 2 GB PC4200 DDR2 memory for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB Intel® EM64T (Extended Memory 64 Technology) 250GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm) Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with PCI Express x16 expansion slot, DirectX 9 support, Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) 3.0 and up to 224MB video memory; Intel® High Definition Audio (7.1-channel support) 7 total USB 2.0 ports, including one in the integrated 8-in-1 digital media manager; also supports CompactFlash, SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and Microdrive 3 IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interfaces, front and rear accessible, for fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity Built-in Intel® PRO 10/100 Mbps Ethernet networking interface with RJ-45 connector; V.92-ready high-speed data/fax modem Multimedia keyboard, USB optical 2-button wheel mouse and amplified stereo speakers Micro-BTX cooling technology Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 operating system preinstalled; software package included with Microsoft Picture It! 10, CyberLink PowerDVD, Nero 6 Suite and more is ok one? worth this price? I dont know if I overpaid... I dont know much about pc... I am asking proccesional people like you guys!! about comment... I can return if is bad one?... #-o
Patrick  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2005 3:30:14 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's a good deal, you will be fine with that ... Patrick :mrgreen:
konrad  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2005 4:33:50 AM(UTC)
konrad

Thank you Patrick Anybody have XP media center operating system( I am asking because if I dont like in future...) I want to remove and instal XP Pro and I dont know if I will have any problem in reinstaling windows konrad
Branden Russell  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2005 4:10:01 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

That is a very good computer for the price. If you don't like Windows XP Media Center Edition, you can install Windows XP Pro just fine. You may have to reinstall your programs after upgrading. I am not sure on that.
Patrick  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2005 4:13:17 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Sorry I know I should not confuse Konrad more but isn't the media edition edtion XP PRO + Microsoft Plus ... Do you guys Remember Windows 95 with Microsoft plus that installed tons of extra sh***. Isn't that what the media center edition is? I don't think there will be any differences :roll: Patrick :mrgreen:
Branden Russell  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2005 5:34:44 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

Patrick wrote:
Sorry I know I should not confuse Konrad more but isn't the media edition edtion XP PRO + Microsoft Plus ... Do you guys Remember Windows 95 with Microsoft plus that installed tons of extra sh***. Isn't that what the media center edition is? I don't think there will be any differences :roll: Patrick :mrgreen:
Actuall, I believe it is Home plus some extra items. It is cheaper than XP Pro, so I doubt it has Pro. Here is a link to compare Pro and Home. http://www.microsoft.com.../howtobuy/choosing2.mspx I can't find one that also compares Media Center edition.
konrad  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 12:10:39 AM(UTC)
konrad

hello, few day after working with new hyper-PC I am happy of that purchasing with Microsoft Windows Xp Media Center... The diffrent from Home is that Media have some extra"Media" folder where can connect to tv, video, games and etc... Media is for PC gamer ( I am too old for that) and for Entertaiment...it work real fast... I have not get any error or missing file connected with Metastock now... COOL!!! :yahoo: Patrick... the media center dont contain much bull sh.....:), Thank everyone for helping me choose computer!
Patrick  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 12:24:17 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Quote:
Patrick... the media center dont contain much bull sh.....:)
Yes it does ;) But we don't use a pc for the same things so it's ok :D Patrick :mrgreen:
konrad  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 2:52:38 AM(UTC)
konrad

Quote:
Yes it does But we don't use a pc for the same things so it's ok
how do you know this? I use this pc on Dual Monitors for Quotecenter, Metastock , Platform..... :D see... similar stuff :roll:
StorkBite  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 4:37:42 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quote:
Media is for PC gamer ( I am too old for that) and for Entertaiment...
I'm not too old... I kick a lot of young punk butt!