logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Luger90  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:02:31 AM(UTC)
Luger90

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Running WinXP SP2 I get most of the way through the install and it has some problem with msxml4.dll. The installer immediately closes after I click "OK" on the error message. The error is as follows: "An error occurred during the move data process: -119 Component Microsoft Shared DLLs File Group: Microsoft Shared DLLS - Self Reg File: C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\msxml4.dll" I am trying to install the MetaStock Pro 9.1 Qcharts Sub. version. I am totally baffled after hours of trying to find a fix, any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:28:15 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If I remember correctly "An error occurred during the move data process: -119 " is either you do not have rights to delete/write in a folder or the file is corrupted ... Make sure you are logged on with admin privileges and if you are go to C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ rename the file msxml4.dll to msxml4.dll.backup and try to reinstall. Patrick :mrgreen:
Luger90  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:19:45 PM(UTC)
Luger90

I've tried what you said and then some. I've since emailed support and have been trying out their suggestions; however, the issue is still unresolved. So, additional suggestions are welcome at this point. Hoping someone who had a problem like this might pop in and knock my socks off with a solution. Thanks
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:26:17 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Hold on to your socks :D
regsvr32 C:\\Windows\\System32\\atl.dll" You will get a dialog saying Succeeded or Failed. If the message says succeeded, re-install MetaStock. If the message says failed, contact Support with the message as to why it failed. If you are not running XP, try the following. 1. Use Start | Search to search for ATL.DLL (it will likely show up in the System or System32 folder) 2. Make note of the path to its location (it will likely show up C:\\Windows\\System or perhaps C:\\WINNT\\System32) 3) Click Start 4) Choose Run 5) Type "regsvr32 c:\\Windows\\System32\\atl.dll" (modify this path as appropriate, do not include the quote marks) 6) Click OK, or hit Enter If you cannot locate this file, contact support and we can send you Microsoft’s ATL installer, which will place the file into your system and register it, you can then re-install MetaStock. The above steps can also be done by going into c:\\Windows\\System32 (or the appropriate path for your operating system version) and double click on atl.dll, if it comes up with the Open With dialog, browse to c:\\Windows\\System32 and select regsvr32.exe If the error is pointing do a different file, similar to the following: Component MetaStock\\MetaStock-Executable File Group: MetaStock COM files File: C:\\Windows\\System32\\msxml4.dll Contact Support for further instructions. You may need to reinstall Microsoft’s XML 3 and 4. [/quote wrote:
Patrick :mrgreen
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:28:19 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I guess in your case you should click on start run and type: regsvr32 c:\\Windows\\System32\\msxml4.dll and click on ok, let me know what happens. Patrick :mrgreen:
Luger90  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:13:21 AM(UTC)
Luger90

Gave it a try, still and got an error from trying that "DllRegisterServer in c:\\windows\\system32\\msxml4.dll failed. Return code was: 0x80070005" Tried reinstalling the MSXML 4.0 SP2 which contains that offending .dll. Install worked but problem still the same with registering the .dll and the MetaStock install. While I was searching around the Microsoft site, I found an MSXML 6.0. Installed it, did not help the MetaStock install and I really have no way of knowing if it is properly setup. BUT, I tried the regsvr32 on the msxml6.dll for comparison and got the same error. Eventhough I am running with administrator priviledges, I'll bet there is some nit-picky permission causing me grief somewhere. Just seems weird I would run into this type of problem now and I've had the computer for almost a year. Thanks Luger
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:20:46 AM(UTC)
Patrick

For the hell of it what happens if you try start run, this : regsvr32 -u c:\\Windows\\System32\\msxml4.dll Patrick :mrgreen:
Luger90  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:31:28 AM(UTC)
Luger90

I've tried that too, says it works. Message box is same as first line of error message but says, succeeded at the end instead of failed, no second line. Did that when uninstalling/reinstalling the MSXML 4.0 SP2 for the 5th time....lol
DOC  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:01:56 PM(UTC)
DOC

I understand you spoke with Support again, have you successfully installed MetaStock yet? regards Doc
Luger90  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2005 4:47:55 PM(UTC)
Luger90

I am going to do a reformat/reinstall of Windows XP. I have just been backing everything up and getting all the most recent driver installers, etc. onto my second harddrive so that the OS install can go smoothly. Hopefully, I will have time to get it done tonight or tomorrow and will let you know how things went as soon as I have attempted to install MetaStock again. Thanks, Luger
johnl  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2005 5:52:48 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

You might try installing in "SAFE MODE". This only installs a few microsoft pgms so may work if conflicts with open pgms is the problem. It has worked for me in the past. Use windows help to see how you boot in "safe mode".
Luger90  
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 6:33:36 AM(UTC)
Luger90

Got my OS reinstall done and MetaStock installed smoothly. Can't say that I ever want to have to do another OS reinstall again, since Windows Update corrupted my installs the first 4 times when I was applying patches. But, everything is looking good now and I am ready to dive into MetaStock over the weekend to get myself familiarized. Thanks Luger
johnl  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 3, 2005 11:43:28 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

An FYI: XP has a system restore function that "restores" your operating system to a previous date, good for backing out "bad installs" and viruses, etc. go: start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore create a restore point before you "do something major" or play with the registery or get you system "stable". Is really works too.