logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
konrad  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:50:49 PM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hayseed or other members! what software did you guys use to doing all presentation on a web page.. I know you use a Metastock for this but what other software you use to put all those charts, layout, message etc... on the presantation web site like this one? http://www.hayseedville.com//layinitallout.htm
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:22:22 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
R U asking how to publish files to a web site? If so, there are a ton of ways to do it. You could use Notepad and ftp transfers. Or you could buy a commercial web development package and get fancy. Maybe Adobe, Macromedia, Frontpage, etc... If you have Office Pro, you might already have Frontpage already. Also, some domain hosts provide you with rudimentary features free of charge to help you publish. If you're talking about creating the media itself, it depends on what kind of media you want. Screen captures can be done through WinXP without any additional software. Just paste into Paint, save and upload. This isn't efficient, but it works. If you want to optomize a screen capture, you can use any graphics programs. There are a bunch of them out there. Look fir something that will save PNG or GIF or JPG. All of those are standard formats. You already have camtasia. That should allow you to set up a flash presentation. Is this what you are asking? Oh... the first thing you need is a working computer to connect to the web. :lol: jk K!
konrad  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:41:10 PM(UTC)
konrad

[color=darkblue:25f820ba69]I am ask what software a graphic sofware hayseed use to upload all those picture on a web page :twisted: [/color] Macromedia is a standard downloadable software Frontpage and office XP I got Camtasia Studio 3.0 version full I got
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:10:11 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Do you have a web site? You can upload your content to it from within your web authoring software, e.g., Frontpage... select publish. Or, you can use a program such as WSFTP to send your files or you might just use IE's built in FTP protocol if your domain host supports that.
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:17:04 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

K- It sounds like you have the software you need. I'll help you get started if you need help. You need a website to send your content to.
konrad  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:30:45 PM(UTC)
konrad

if there any fee for using my own web page... let say I want to create web page www.konradfinancewebpage.com should I pay for this? or there is some server that offert free webpage? :?: as you said about domain... it mean I need to get some company to get a domain for me right? I think yahoo offert geocities for free? some other sources you guys know? My limit about pc is complete below 0..... :lol:
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:31:23 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

If you're just starting into web publishing, building web pages, etc., you may find free hosts such as Geocities a good way to start out. At least if you don't like it or figure out that maintaing a site is a lot of work, you can stop and it didn't cost you anything. The drawback to hosts such as Geocities is that they do limit what they offer for free and they make you include their advertisements on your web pages... or at least they used to... it's been a while since I've checked out their deal. On the other hand, you may already have decided that no matter what, you are wanting your own web site and money is no obstacle. You'll find that there are hundreds or thousands of companies that will host your site. Choose carefully. I've found that price isn't everything. You want support and a proven record of uptime more than anything. You want a server that will load your pages rapidly. My advice would be to find someone you trust with a website and ask them who they are using. The fees are variable depending upon where you decide to setup house. Typical maintenance fees are somewhere in the neighboorhood of $15-25 per month. You can usually prepay this annually and get some kind of discount. To get your own domain name, you will have to find a unique name that doesn't already exist and pay a registration fee to reserve it in your name. This might be hard, because there are domain name brokers out their buying up names that they hope to sell to you for a premium price. Could be 10's of thousands if you have to have some desirable name. But, lets say that you have a name picked out that no one has thought of yet such as 'www.konradfinancewebpage.com' (which is available), you can register it by yourself for a fee of about $20/year. Sometimes you can get a discount if you sign up for your domain name with a hosting service at the same time. It is usual to register for 5 - 10 years at a time. Say you want to keep your domain name where no one else can use it and you have exclusive right to it for 5 years. It might cost you $80-100 total. What else? I've done this stuff many times before.
konrad  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2005 12:19:45 AM(UTC)
konrad

Hey G.stockman you explain this broadly... nice.. ok, I will try geocities first, publish and show how I did, Disclaimer: Dont lough if you think is peace of ..... :oops: :oops: :) I will keep posting if I stuck on some site of building!
StorkBite  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2005 2:15:30 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Great... look forward to seeing your site! =D>
konrad  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2005 4:09:35 AM(UTC)
konrad

G.stockman you wrote you have done this stuff many time before, did you have your personal web page or a business web page that you create? I would like to see you proficiency in doing a web page :twisted: Thanks!
StorkBite  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2005 5:37:29 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Hey K- I've gone through the process of starting and maintaining websites, but I'm no web designer or anything. Most of my website involvement is in corporate healthcare. I have personally started several sites and have published numerous individual web pages. The design aspect of your site has to be a product of your own inner being. It's the technical aspects of getting started that I'm willing to help you with. I'm not applying for a job, just offering to help answer your questions. I'm not an expert... no resume necessary. :lol: