logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StorkBite  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:15:54 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey h- Just checking in on ya... How did U fare Rita? I heard that, for some of the repairs, the last 3 weeks progress in New Orleans was washed away (no pun). I hope you're keeping dry. Glad to cya on the forum again. :D
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:55:39 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

K - I should know this.... How close to the hurricane were you hayseed? 8-[ <showing my lack of geographic skills...>
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:33:31 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey g and marilyn..... we're a pretty fair way from the real excitment.... i'm right on the arkansas/louisana line.... and still have a house full of new orleans refugees.... the repairs in new orleans will take a couple years.... some areas will be completely torn down.... thats just insurance companies containing their losses.... lake charles and all will handle it better..... the pain of the future will be in bankruptcies.... many people don't have flood insurance and many companies can't afford the cost of rebuilding.... they will just walk away.... bellsouth and southwestern will rebuild and with the latest technologies.... 24 meg dsl , 200 channels of tv and download any movie in 4 minutes all over the phone line..... trying my best to stay far away all that , with limited success though.... h
wabbit  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:52:29 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Welcome back hayseed, and any others caught in the storms.... Glad to hear you made it through unascathed.... the Ozzie media was reporting only the death and destruction, and by the way it was reported anyone who made it out alive was extremely lucky. but then again, sensational news is better than good news to them..... not to me. wabbit :D