logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2005 2:25:27 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

we have a regular refugee camp around here.... with more coming everyday, a byproduct of my many years spent down there.... remind me not to leave a forwarding address next time..... just kidding, its okay, i'm as tough as warden aunt bea.... remember when otis had to spend the night on the rock.... i'll have to add that e[censored]ode to patricks vhs tape....h livin on the wrong side of the tracks.... a little break in the big easy and the yacht club.... once there was a hayseed that had water front lot on bayou st john.... those dang french people new where to build.... the quater is still high and dry..... going to take more than a little ole hurricane katrina to stop their partying..... click in the boxes....
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2005 8:21:36 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
h- These pictures are absolutely amazing. Keep in mind this is not one of our defense satellites which can see the dimples on a golf ball from 150 miles up. Standing in awe with jaw open… bs_whatexc
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2005 11:31:51 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey g.... yeah its a hard time down there but that s a tough bunch of people... they are kinda stressed out right now, including the dozen that moved in with me.... i used to live at the end of bayou st john kinda across from city park for about 15 years.... my nitely jog was down orleans to the qtr then back to carrollton for a snow cone at parrasols, unless i got side tracked in the qtr that is.... theres almost no doubt i'll have to go back to assist in restoration..... h
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2005 1:53:28 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Well - I don't have tons of resources.. but what do you need? I am sure I can round up some things... Waiting to help... :) M
hayseed  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2005 4:05:36 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey marilyn.... thanks.... its smooth sailing here, kinda a party of sorts.... nothing needed, but they appreaciate the offer..... seems like florida got hit 4 times last year.... insurance companies will rebuild south la, missippi, and alabama.... everyone living on the coast knows the risks..... oh, yall can let go of some of that cold air anytime..... h
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2005 4:49:35 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) No cold air here... we only had that for a couple of days.... then someone else took it back. Seriously - I have sent some minor help via other places but if you are going to rebuild surely there will be some need at some stage... :) Let me know. I have even contacted the ASPCA regarding helping with the animal rescue and fostering stranded animals. (yes, yes - huge softie). My cat is hoping Utah is too far away for actual fostering - she's a bit spoiled.