logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StorkBite  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2005 5:20:18 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Ok... it takes me a while. Still, I thought that I'd share with w[censored]ver is still in remedial computer science class with me. :oops: I started adding shortcuts to internet sites on my desktop recently. e.g., the forum, forum chat, etc. Could be anything. Anyway, I noticed that every time I clicked on one of the desktop icons it would change whatever other internet site I was viewing at the time. I mean really, you have a bunch of sites open at once... right? Anyway, I went looking for the 'open in a new window' setting and came up blank. It just got to be an annoyance. Today I found the answer. If you're using IE, then this is what you do: Open IE and click on TOOLS | INTERNET OPTIONS | ADVANCED and uncheck "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts". Simple! :D
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2005 6:56:22 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey g.... if your desktop starts gittin crowded, you can use ms word to create a word docs that will open those same links.... it can look exactly like the very good job patrick did with the formulas.... a shortcut to it can be placed on your desktop also.... use the insert hyperlink function.... after the first time its a snap.... word will put this..... <a href="http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?p=6980#6980">Pink and sparkly</a> change it to this to open in new window..... <a href="http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?p=6980#6980" target="_blank">Pink and sparkly</a> ms frontpage is by far better but more people have ms word......h
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2005 11:37:21 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I occasionally save links in Word, but I never thought of making a menu list of them. I think that's pretty neat. For sure, the IE Favorites feature needs some major work. Thanks h! :D