logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
konrad  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:40:10 PM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

http://www.eoddata.com/Register.asp on this web site there is a question Data Format :Prefered Format metastock ASCII 7 column , 8 column, with one to choose,( or you can preffer some other option to choose)? How can i know with is good for Metastock? or Where I can find how many column my metastock accept, I got metastock pro 9.0 for esignal, but I want to get EOD files for FOREX :D Thanks
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2005 4:08:09 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Konrad- I don't see that the answer to this question (MS 7 col or 8 col) makes any difference in the conversion process. I tried both ways and the source file they send to you is the same. d/l your Forex file, e.g., FOREX_20050812.txt. Open the Downloader. Select TOOLS | CONVERT; Source Type= Ascii text; Destination Type= MS; OK. Then you can open the files with the Downloader or MS.
konrad  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:20:25 AM(UTC)
konrad

http://www.eoddata.com/Register.asp on this web site there is option to choose after Data Options Preferred Format: Advanced Get ASCIIEzyChartsMetaStock ASCII (7 column)MetaStock ASCII (8 column)QuickenSpreadsheet (eg: Excel)Standard CSVSuperCharts ASCII Include Symbol Suffix (eg: BP.L): Include Header Row in data file: I choose to use ASCII 7 collumn and there is two other option INCLUDE SYMBOL SUFFIX (EG:BL.L)/; INCLUDE HEADER ROW IN DATA FILE: what those two option mean? with one to mark? what is using for and do I need those option?
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:39:32 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
hmm... I don't know. :( I tried the files for you per your original question to see if I could get it to work at all. I guess if you want to check out other file types just check the option, d/l the file, and compare for differences. Sorry.