logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gsn  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 7:26:46 PM(UTC)
gsn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks for the how to on how to import an IBD 100 list. I am a new user and I think I did it correctly but just wanted to run it by to be sure. 1) I took the IBD 100 list (one symbol per line only) and renamed it "IBD100.SYM". 2) I moved this file into the Downloader directory. 3) I ran "Update symbols database" in the Downloader 4) In Metastock, inside the Reuters Datalink directory, I now see an IBD100.SYM directory, along with the other directories that were there before. 5) I open that directory, select a symbol and get its chart. Questions: * Does this mean now I have two copies of the symbol in the Reuters Datalink directory? One under US Stocks and one under IBD100.SYM? Is that OK? Is this the way to create a list? * Each week the IBD 100 changes. If I replace the IBD100.SYM file in the Downloader directory and update the symbols database, will these additions and deletions in the IBD 100 list be reflected in the IBD100.SYM direcory in the Reuters dir? * Can you create as many of these SYM files as you want? For example, I have IBD 100 files going back a year for each week. Using an older one would be good with the system tester... Thanks. Let me know.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 7:33:34 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
* Does this mean now I have two copies of the symbol in the Reuters Datalink directory? One under US Stocks and one under IBD100.SYM? Is that OK? Is this the way to create a list?
Yes you do have the symbol duplicated in the lists but that is not or should not be a problem. The whole point for you was to have all the IBD symbols in one list which you have achieved. The fact that the symbols are duplicated is unimportant has does not affect anything.
Quote:
* Each week the IBD 100 changes. If I replace the IBD100.SYM file in the Downloader directory and update the symbols database, will these additions and deletions in the IBD 100 list be reflected in the IBD100.SYM direcory in the Reuters dir?
Yes ... Let me just point out that you do not need to update the symbol database to reflect the changes in your Custom sym file.
Quote:
* Can you create as many of these SYM files as you want? For example, I have IBD 100 files going back a year for each week. Using an older one would be good with the system tester...
As far as I know you can create as many as you want. Patrick :mrgreen: