logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
manou  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:16:45 PM(UTC)
manou

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello room; I am new to MS, and trying to find out some features in MS 9, so far I have seen, that I can only use MS , Esignal or Qchart for data feed. 1- what if I want to use other data feed companies, is it possible? if so how? I have already an Ameritrade acount for executing orders, and paying extra for real time data as well. 2- is it a way to use AmeriTrade with MS? How? 3- how MS works with executing orders, how the setting is made, to make it work with any brokerage firm? 4- can I use AmeriTrade, and MS together for executing order? Appreciate your help Thanks
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2005 11:30:40 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey manou.... sounds like your question 1 deals with end of day data and not real time... the by far simplist approach would be to use one those you mentioned, reuters datalink, QuoteCenter, esginal, Qcharts...... i'm using the first 2 in that list..... there will be those that might not need or could afford that data, so metastock includes the downloader to help those out.... you can import data from yahoo through the downloader but odds are you don't have that much free time.... sounds like question 2 could best be answered by steveb here on the forum, he uses both.... sounds like questions 3 and 4 are for automatic trading.... my versions of meta will not do that and have never heard of a version that would...... meta will give buy/sell alerts from trading programs/rules but you'll have to do the actual buying and selling over at ameritrade..... its easy to envision programs that could monitor meta in real time and make the actual buy/sells...... but its doubtful i could afford it...... bottom line on the data deal is, free can be the most expensive, might pay to go with 1 of those we mentioned if at all possible..... and speaking of free, feel free to let some of that cool air up there flow south.....eh.... h
manou  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2005 12:22:04 AM(UTC)
manou

Thanks for the reply; well; actually I am trying to do day trading which stream data is a must, but I just wanted to know if I have other option than using ms data or esignal, as you know there are lots of live data provider around, anyway I don't have any problem of using Esignal data, for me is realy odd to spend lots money on a charting software but limits you as choosing a live data feed provider. and I have not yet bought MS, unfortunatly I could not find MS 9 Manual on line, at least I could read and get lots of info. I have no idea why electronic user manual is not available on ms site. Thanks
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:58:01 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I believe that the reason that we have not been allowed to publish the manual online is twofold... 1) There is some concern about piracy.. as with all software programs. If you purchase MetaStock then you will get a manual. and 2) the help files in MetaStock are very comprehensive.... everything that is in the manual. so it really doesn't help people like yourself that want to have a look at the manual before purchasing... but it does limit access to people who may acquire the program illegally (yes, I know they get all the into by hitting F1 but you really wouldn't believe the numbers of people who buy the software illegally or on ebay and then get [censored]ed off that they can't download a manual). Do you have any questions about what the program is capable of? You may consider going to a webinar... not only do you get a great demo... but you can ask questions and get them answered... https://www.metastock.com/events/webinars/
SteveB  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:43:37 PM(UTC)
SteveB

manou wrote:
2- is it a way to use AmeriTrade with MS? How?
I have contacted Ameritrade about this via email and on the phone and the only answer they would give me is that "we do not support that product (Meatstock) so it can not be used together with the data feed". I am almost certain there must be some way but I do not have the computer "know how" and I have been unable to find out otherwise. What I do is use Metastock for all my scans, line studies, and all other work but then monitor the charts during the trading day via Advanced Analyzer (Ameritrades real time charting program), and through their Level II quotes and real time bid/ask. I would much prefer to use either Quote Center or Esignal but I just can't see the point in paying that much for something I get for free from Ameritrade. I get it for free based on being an active trader (they make enough on commissions from me to pay for it) but, if I was paying for it I would use Quote Center instead. Be careful using Advanced Analyzer as the moving averages they put in are sometimes off...often by a good bit for some reason. I use it to monitor the price activity and what type of candlestick signal it is forming intraday only...Metastock for everything else. Please post here if you ever find any more information. Steve B
manou  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2005 6:45:40 PM(UTC)
manou

Thank you very much Steve B for your reply;