logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nasria  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2005 3:33:15 PM(UTC)
Nasria

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello, I have recently had a problem importing my EOD data into Metastock. I import/convert using Downloader (settings have not changed), but the day for each security is not updated. After conversion, the Conversion Report display some errors. The only way I can fix this problem is to edit the EOD ASCII file as follows: In the Conversion Report, I make a note of which securities are erronous and delete them from my EOD ASCII file. Then convert file again and data is updated. Metastock ver is 7.2, Downloader is ver 7.2. I see that I now have 2000 securities Is there a limit to the amount of securities that Metastock can hold in the same folder, and if so, how can I correct this problem? Regards, Neil :lol:
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:04:59 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Nasria, Metastock 7.21 can only have 2000 securities per folder The new versions of metastock can hold 6000 securities per folder. Patrick :mrgreen:
garykong  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 4:51:11 PM(UTC)
garykong

Hi Patrick, Any way to handle it with more than securities stored in a folder? Would it be possible to separate them into another folder? Is positive, how can we efficiently conduct the step? Gary
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2005 5:42:33 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Gary- You can use the TOOLS | COPY feature in the Downloader to copy securities to a new folder. Next, just delete them from your original folder. When you get ready to download prices, just make sure you have your new folder added to the list. g :D