logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bearishbull  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:10:35 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered, Registered Users

I want the metastock formule of this: I want to go long if the close breaks the high of the first trading hour (on a 5minchart) I want 1 trade a day so when this trade is over it can't go long or short till next day. hope someone here can help me.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:24:17 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What time is the first hour on your chart? For example the first hour is from 8am to 9am I would write for your buy ... ST:=Highestsince(1,Hour()=8 and Minute()=0,H); HV:=Valuewhen(1,Hour()=9 and minute()=0,ST); Cross(C,HV) Patrick :mrgreen:
bearishbull  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:47:34 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

great, thank you edit..just tested it, but it won't give any signals edit..my faultm, it works but sometimes it gives multiple trades in a day..how can I make it like it's maximum does 1 trade a day?
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:00:35 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Try something like: ST:=Highestsince(1,Hour()=8 and Minute()=0,H); HV:=Valuewhen(1,Hour()=9 and minute()=0,ST); Signal:=Cross(C,HV); Signal and Barssince(ref(Signal,-1))>barssince(hour()=9 and minute=0) Patrick
bearishbull  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:01:49 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

we are almost there, tnx again, ik wont give 2 long signals now, that is good..but If I also want short signals in there with ST2:=Lowestsince(1,Hour()=8 and Minute()=0,L); HV2:=Valuewhen(1,Hour()=9 and minute()=0,ST2); Signal:=Cross(HV2,c) and hour() >=9; Signal and Barssince(ref(Signal,-1))>barssince(hour()=9 and minute()=0) It can give a long and short signal on 1 day..is there a code that if there already was a long signal that short signals will be ignored?
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:29:38 PM(UTC)
Patrick

{Enter Long} ST:=Highestsince(1,Hour()=8 and Minute()=0,H); HV:=Valuewhen(1,Hour()=9 and minute()=0,ST); Signal:=Cross(C,HV); ST2:=Lowestsince(1,Hour()=8 and Minute()=0,L); HV2:=Valuewhen(1,Hour()=9 and minute()=0,ST2); Signal2:=Cross(HV2,c) and hour() >=9; Signal and Barssince(ref(Signal,-1))>barssince(hour()=9 and minute=0) and Barssince(ref(Signal2,-1))>barssince(hour()=9 and minute=0) {Enter Short} ST:=Highestsince(1,Hour()=8 and Minute()=0,H); HV:=Valuewhen(1,Hour()=9 and minute()=0,ST); Signal:=Cross(C,HV); ST2:=Lowestsince(1,Hour()=8 and Minute()=0,L); HV2:=Valuewhen(1,Hour()=9 and minute()=0,ST2); Signal2:=Cross(HV2,c) and hour() >=9; Signal2 and Barssince(ref(Signal2,-1))>barssince(hour()=9 and minute=0) and Barssince(ref(Signal,-1))>barssince(hour()=9 and minute=0) Patrick :mrgreen:
bearishbull  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:51:52 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

ok, I think this is exactly what I meant..thanks again. Must say I didn't know the service of equis was this good till today. I learn't alot today from the codes you posted here and the video's I watched today. Thank you for doing all this. I appreciate it a lot gr BB
bearishbull  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:52:16 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

oeps
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:03:31 PM(UTC)
Patrick

No problem :D Hey g, I have to say you clean up post nicely. Keep up the good work :D