logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lcl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:34:52 AM(UTC)
lcl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I've created 3 data folders (NYSE, OTC and Optionable Stocks) in my metastock. My question is, does the downloader automatically maintain/update my data folders? Or I need to add all the new listings MANUALLY into my folders. Thanks in advance!
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:09:06 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey lcl.... if you mean the folders were just created but are empty, no, the downloader will not fill in the folders with the securities by itself.... once your new folders are created and have securites in them, the downloader will update those folders in the same manner as the original folders......h
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:23:56 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
just make sure you add the new folders to the update list after the securities are created :wink: Hey, h just said something like that! :D
lcl  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:48:05 AM(UTC)
lcl

h and g, thanks for the reply! I've created my folders and have securities in them and add them to the update list.... My question: whenever there is a new listing, will the downloader automatically add it into my folders? Or I have to add it MANUALLY? Many thanks!!
hayseed  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:22:49 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey lcl.... thats a very good question, and i'm not completely sure of the answer.... patrick, marilyn or joetrade might know best..... there is an 'update symbol database' option under tools which corrects the folders.... that function will likely look for only the folders that it expects to exist.... so it might correct my 'nasdaq100' folder that was supplied by meta orignally but not correct my 'nasdaq100new' folder which is my creation.... along that same thought it might not correct my 'russell2000' cause it has no clue to look for it..... i have used the update option several times, just for the heck of it.... have yet to find a log of what if anything was changed.... just shootin from the hip, i'd say it will not alter any folder that does not exist in http:www//equis.com files......h
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:33:23 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I did not want to answer that one ... :( Not it will not update your folders and add new symbols or delete old symbols. You have to manually create or update new symbols on your local data. Patrick :mrgreen:
lcl  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2005 5:44:14 AM(UTC)
lcl

Patrick wrote:
...it will not update your folders and add new symbols or delete old symbols. You have to manually create or update new symbols on your local data.
How do we know there're new symbols need to be added? Any news alert provided on this matter??