logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dieselpr  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 6:38:29 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Does anyone know if there is a formula created for finding a stock trading in a channel or trading range? I looked thru the fornula collection but I didn't see one maybe someone can point me in the right direction please?
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 7:45:51 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dieselpr, You need to give us more specific data ... How do you calculate your range and that kinda of of stuff. The more details you give us the more chances you will get exactly what you need ... Patrick :mrgreen:
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 8:24:59 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
... and do you want the channel center based on a moving average, statistical average, linear regresseion model etc. The channel width can be based on standard deviations, deviations, % width, volatility % width or fixed price width etc. Just on these two paramters alone there are 15 possible combinations of channel to code... wanna help out by narrowing it down a little? LOL Depending on your needs and level, it is possible to have user options in the code, but it makes the code more complicated in the first place. You might prefer simpler code first, then progress to something a little more complicated. In the mean time - have a look in your manual for the Envelope() function. wabbit :D
dieselpr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:12:56 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Thanks Wabbit and Pat, I was only looking to take a look at some simple formulas for channels between support and resistence. I never thought how little information I gave on my request. I'll take another look at the manual first so I can better explain what it is I'm looking for and maybe post a jpeg later. Thanks
dieselpr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:41:50 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

wabbit, The Envelope() function sounds like what I'm looking for but there not much detail about the function in either the manual or the formula book. How would you call it out to be used in a metastock formula "Envelope() "? Its not clear how its called out in formulas.
henry1224  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:12:19 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A1:=Sum((O+H+L+C),6)/24; A2:=Sum((O+H+L+C),30)/120; A3:=Sum((O+H+L+C),127)/508; Coef:=Input("Percent",.001,5,.01); UC10:=A2+(A2*(Coef*10)); LC10:=A2-(A2*(Coef*10)); Ref(A1,-1);A1;Ref(A2,-1);A2;Ref(A3,-2);A3;UC10; LC10; This indicator plots 8 Lines on a Daily Chart Ref(A1,-1) and A1 are a 6 period sum of the OHLC Ref(A2,-1) and A2 are a 6 period sum of the OHLC from a Weekly Bias Plotted on a daily Chart Ref(A3,-1) and A3 are a 6 period sum of the OHLC from a Monthly Bias Plotted on a daily Chart UC10 and LC10 are 10% bands of A2, They are intended to capture 95% of the prices. You can use the crossing of A1 and Ref(A1,-1) for short term signals, Look for support from A2 and LC10 and resistance from A2 and UC10 Trade in the direction of A2 and A3