logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vaughn  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 9:47:55 PM(UTC)
vaughn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Does anyone know of any sites that have info on events that affect the investing world. I am trying to keep a log so I can add external information to my charts. Active Trader magazine has a calendar in the back that lists some of the major things that could impact stock prices, AT mag Cal. Their site also lists some events, but only when they occur. There has to be someplace that lists what is going on in the world of investors other than general news sites. I would like to be able to click on a calendar date and see that interest rates were raised on such and such of day – so that when I look at a chart and see changes across the board, I have an idea of what might have been the cause. I don’t want to read an entire article on the history of interest rates or the Fed chairman’s bio, just on this day interest rates were raised to whatever percent. I googled a bit and found instances of things that happened, but not really a repository of data that an investor can add to their decision making process. GrainGuide has something like what I am looking for, only for commodity futures markets. Has anyone seen anything like this. Thanks vm
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 10:17:10 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) This gives me ideas about a public calendar for our forum.. where everyone can add important dates.... Anyone interested??? Patrick????? :smt083
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 10:22:20 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not me .... That's for sure :D
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 10:25:15 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:smt116 Don't you just hate how I get you neck deep in weird projects all the time??? < for those of you who don't know - the forum is a classic example of this sort of mischief! :) >
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2005 10:32:19 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Sadly I already know of a calendar mod for the forum ](*,) And I'm not even done with the MetaStock Chat move to the forum, and the online status thingies :smt022 You will have to wait :twisted:
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:15:58 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Monkey see... monkey do... :smt115 << Marilyn :smt017 << Patrick :smt120 << George
hayseed  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:13:39 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey vaughn.... not sure which type of events your huntin for.... i have quite a few of this type under 'specs' at hayseedville..... such as martin econday [url="http://custom.marke[censored]ch.com/custom/usatoday-com/html-calendar.asp?view=economic]usatoday[/url] have plenty more..... holler if you find a site that has a schedule for the markets acapulco cliff dives ......h
Marilyn  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 4:49:42 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) Nice! You may have just saved Patrick a load of work! He will appreciate that! About the market cliff diving schedule... I will keep my eyes peeled :smt002
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 4:54:06 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Thanks Hayseed :boire:
hayseed  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 4:42:29 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hmmmm... its funny when its someone else's error but not quite as humorous when its mine..... fixed the script error, now under 'specs' calenders should fold out as intended.... h
andreasrothe  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2005 5:25:37 PM(UTC)
andreasrothe

vaughn wrote:
Does anyone know of any sites that have info on events that affect the investing world. I am trying to keep a log so I can add external information to my charts. Active Trader magazine has a calendar in the back that lists some of the major things that could impact stock prices, AT mag Cal. Their site also lists some events, but only when they occur. There has to be someplace that lists what is going on in the world of investors other than general news sites. I would like to be able to click on a calendar date and see that interest rates were raised on such and such of day – so that when I look at a chart and see changes across the board, I have an idea of what might have been the cause. I don’t want to read an entire article on the history of interest rates or the Fed chairman’s bio, just on this day interest rates were raised to whatever percent. I googled a bit and found instances of things that happened, but not really a repository of data that an investor can add to their decision making process. GrainGuide has something like what I am looking for, only for commodity futures markets. Has anyone seen anything like this. Thanks vm
I am not sure about stocks per se, as I only day-trade currencies. But on www.dailyfx.com, there is something called an economic calendar, which lists every weeks (and you can get past history too) economic releases, e.g. Greenspan announcements, each countries economic announcements on inflation, unemployment figures, etc. A lot of the forex sites have this global economic event data and also all kinds of other news and views, so you may want to look at other forex sites as well (although I found the dailyfx one the easiest).
MonkZg  
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2005 7:43:37 AM(UTC)
MonkZg

vaughn wrote:
Hi! Good to start with this one: http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/ecalendar/index.html
vaughn  
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2005 3:14:45 PM(UTC)
vaughn

Thanks for all of the suggestions. It will definitely keep me busy for a while :smt024. The sad thing is, I have been to some of the sites and didn't look too deeply on what they had to offer. I fould what I was looking for and moved on. Thanks again for all of the links. vm