logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doug  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:53:19 PM(UTC)
Doug

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Well its me again - nope its all gone wrong but i am not sure where so here goes. I want to backtest a very simple system and cannot get the formula to work so if some one could help then i'll work backwards to understand the formula language. so here goes Buy order at X pips above a certain times opening price Close the order at another certain time. OR Sell order at X pips below a certain times opening price Close the order at another certain time. So in Buy order Hour()=8 and minute()=00 then in limit or stop price Open + 0.0040 so this should place a buy order 40pips above the 8am opening price Is that correct? Sell Order (to close the above) hour()=18 and minute()=00 then in limit or stop price Open Now am i miles out or am i on the right track. I appreciate the help or the daftest newbie yet, i just cannot make sense of it - probably need time to learn the bits and bobs but i have sorted formulae for other tests etc. OK Cheers and thanks in advance Doug
edwin4400  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2005 12:54:49 PM(UTC)
edwin4400

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, Is there a way to backtest bars that are made up of 3 days. I tried to change to periodicity using "Other" to 3 day period then back test using current periodicity but it does not work. Anyone can help? Thanks, Edwin