logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robcpettit  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:50:43 AM(UTC)
robcpettit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, Just a quick question. When youve set up your layouts with say 3 charts, saved it etc and then open it all the data loads for each chart, say 10 years. Then you alter charts to display 6 months data, close layout, asks if you want to save changes, yes. Why when you reopen does it load all data again and not the last view. Ive looked through the book and cant see anything refering to layout opening with set amount of data. Any Ideas. Regards Robert
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:40:49 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Before you save the charts, go to properties for the x-axis and change the dates displayed. Save the chart, then the layout.
robcpettit  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 6:50:15 PM(UTC)
robcpettit

Thankyou for your reply. Strangly as I opened up ms to apply your ideas, I had a fault to do with a link from a Excel file. In fact Ive had a couple of critical errors opening the excel file itself. So I decided to delete the file and ms opened up ok. As it turns out, the 3 charts in my layout each had a link to excel. Now that Ive deleted the file and removed the excel indicator from each of the charts, any adjustments made to the charts re time spans, saves and opens at the same place. Possibly this is already a known fault. In my layout I havent got my charts saved individually, should I be doing this. Regards Robert
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:28:11 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
No, not if they're smart charts. Sounds like you figured out the trouble though. I've never had that problem before, maybe someone else with more experience??