logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2005 11:04:11 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

this import/export of indicators and such has kept me burning the midnight oil for some time..... but hayseed can wander around in the dark only so long before even he will see the light..... if for no other reason, eventually the sun will rise..... to import back into meta seems a all or none type deal, or was till now..... if you look into your computer's meta folder you'll see the experts listed but how can you tell which is what...... and if you export that folder clearly the numbers change making it even more difficult so now what is which..... ever tried to use the same backup folder for a second export.... have you taken a peak into the formula folder..... even if you could tell which was jose's 'dynamic momentum index', how could you import just one..... so here was my relative conundrum, with far too many excellent yet seldom used indicators, explorations, experts and system tests to store in meta full time, how can we import single selections on an as needed basis, how can we identify each in meta's dta format and use the same folder for successive import/exports..…. here is my solution to the identification dilemma...... btw, you can open/view the meta dta files with notepad.....h