logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gmb1994  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 11:53:11 PM(UTC)
gmb1994

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I just built a new indicator and when I tried to apply it, the indicator caused Metastock to freeze. Up popped a message that said, "JIT Debugger failed with the following error: Class not recognized. Please check the documentation topic 'Just-in-time debugging errors' for more information." I ended task on Metastock and reloaded it. I can apply indicators, but I can't access the indicator builder to remove the last bad indicator. Once I click on it, Metastock pops up the same message. Any ideas on how to solve this?
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2005 3:55:16 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey 94.... patrick or joetrade should have the best answer.... you might try looking under 'format' next to tools, then choose ' quick list properties', uncheck your indicator.... also if you can remember which security you applied the indicator to, including which folder it came out of, it might be possible to delete that security, which would delete the smart chart associated with it.... you might then be able to open the indicator builder.... later add that security back to the folder using the downloader..... those are just guesses to a solution......h
gmb1994  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2005 6:19:39 AM(UTC)
gmb1994

Well, I tried unchecking the indicator suggestion, but a moment later, when I clicked on the "Indicator Builder" icon, I got the same error message. I also tried deleting the security, but the problem continues. Is there a way to manually remove the corrupted indicator directly from the equis folder? Could the indicator builder be corrupted? If so, how can I backup all my custom indicators, systems, etc., just in case I need to re-install Metastock. I also get this message every time I try to load my first security after restarting Metastock: "You are already accessing data in this folder. Continue? Choose "Yes" if Metastock was abnormally terminated. Choose "No" if another computer is running Metastock with the same user-name."
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2005 3:28:25 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey 94.... patrick, wabbit or joetrade will be around before long, their time zone is different.... they should have the perfect answer.... my thoughts were that meta was trying to load your last charts which might include that indicator.... it appears there might be more to it than that.... i have bad indicators that give me similar messages, more often its in trying to apply a good indicator to a chart that will not except it.... its an easy task to back up everything, just export to a folder or a cd.... and heres patricks post on backup.... you can look into the equis folder but the way meta saves its experts/formulas makes it difficult for me to tell which file is for what.... i have briefly looked at it , just out of courisity.... i'll study on it some more.....h
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2005 3:40:28 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
Could the indicator builder be corrupted?
Yes and we might end up deleting the formula file ...
Quote:
If so, how can I backup all my custom indicators, systems, etc., just in case I need to re-install Metastock.
Unfortunately it is to late for backups ... :cry: Did you make one in the past by any chance? Now your error message mentions a class ... Does this indicator that started all the problems, use a dll ... If yes make sure the dll still exist and/or try to replace it. Patrick
gmb1994  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2005 3:53:36 PM(UTC)
gmb1994

As far as I know, the indicator does not use a dll. I went back to look at a a copy of the corrupted indicator and realized that I had used a variable twice for two separate functions. For example, something like this: A:=C; A; A:=O; A; I was simply copy/pasting and editing. I had intended on changing the second half of that indicator, but forgot to before adding it. I didn't realize that the indicator builder was so sensitive.
gmb1994  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2005 4:20:04 PM(UTC)
gmb1994

Ok, I was able to use the method described here ... http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=81 ... to successfully backup all my stuff. Thanks, Hayseed! I like your website, too. What is the next step? Re-install Metastock? Is there anyway to just rebuild the indicator builder?
gmb1994  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:25:26 PM(UTC)
gmb1994

Well, unfortunately, I did not have an original backup so I simply renamed the old indicator file ... MS90FORM.DTA > MS90FORM.DTA.OLD ... and Metastock automatically rebuilt the new default indicator file when I reloaded it. Back to where I was when I first installed the software. :cry:
joetrade69  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:20:24 PM(UTC)
joetrade69

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Is Just-in-time Debugger a program that can be uninstalled?
gmb1994  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:03:57 PM(UTC)
gmb1994

I have another idea for what happened. I noticed that Metastock installs it's own .NET, Jet, JIT and various other frameworks. These interacted with my Visual Studio, Visual Basic and Visual Web Development applications from Microsoft. Somehow, Metastock got corrupted and, I guess, my Visual Studio's JIT tried to load up to debug the error. It probably couldn't read the source code of the indicator builder module so it "failed".
joetrade69  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:11:17 PM(UTC)
joetrade69

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

MetaStock may install JET, MDAC, .Net, IE6, Viual C+= Runtime, and Active Template Library, depending on what is needed. It doesn't install a debugger...
Patrick  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:16:19 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
It doesn't install a debugger...
Visual Studio does .... Yes I believe that is why you are getting this error message. What this means is that this error message is irrelevant and does not help us whatsoever :D Patrick
gmb1994  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:56:54 PM(UTC)
gmb1994

Patrick wrote:
What this means is that this error message is irrelevant and does not help us whatsoever :D
Yes, exactly. :D Maybe, if i knew what language Metastock was coded in, I could debug it manually. ... oh, wait, is it Visual C+?