logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wecoyote13  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 2:00:26 AM(UTC)
wecoyote13

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I am reasonably new to Metastock...am wondering is there a function like barssince that has the Nth occurrence option? Like Barssince(nth, expression)... I was kinda shocked that it didn't. I know of highestsincebars and such, but those functions just complicate what I am trying to do. Thanks!
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 2:40:53 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What about : ValueWhen(nth, Expression,Barssince(something)) Patrick :mrgreen:
wecoyote13  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 3:30:30 AM(UTC)
wecoyote13

Wow..first of all thanks for the awesome direction...I still think this is convoluted...more than it needs to be..but here is what I did...using the last day of 2003 as an anchor in time... myosc:= Fml( "My Oscillator"); now:=BarsSince( Year()=2003 ); firsthump:=ValueWhen(1,threeten =Ref(HHV(myosc,6),3),BarsSince( Year()=2003 )); 2ndhump:=ValueWhen(2,threeten =Ref(HHV(myosc,6),3),BarsSince( Year()=2003 )); barssincefirst:=now-firsthump; barssincesecond:=now-2ndhump; And so now I know the bars since the last two humps of this oscillator occurred....that is what I was looking for. Close?
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 3:46:06 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish #-o But I will offer these changes :D myosc:= Fml( "My Oscillator"); now:=Cum(1); firsthump:=ValueWhen(1,threeten =Ref(HHV(myosc,6),3),now); 2ndhump:=ValueWhen(2,threeten =Ref(HHV(myosc,6),3),now); barssincefirst:=now-firsthump; barssincesecond:=now-2ndhump; ... What is threeten supposed to do ? Ref(HHV(myosc,6),3) - this is a refrence in the future ... are you sure you do not want -3 instead of 3? Patrick :mrgreen:
wecoyote13  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 3:52:44 AM(UTC)
wecoyote13

Aaaa...cum(1)...very cool... oh I was half finished changing something when I pasted...sorry...threeten is an oscillator so instead of that "myosc" definition it is actually "threeten" so I am defining peaks in that oscillator as a point that is higher than the surrounding two on either side...threeten =Ref(HHV(threeten,6),3) the idea eventually is to define when the nth peak in the oscillator occurred and what the price was at that time...so I can get the geometry of the price action into some other formulas
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 3:56:07 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Gotcha ... :D I think that you should be able to work it from here. My only concern is that reference( ... ,3 ) You should fix that. Let me know if you need more help oz_pdt_010 Patrick
wecoyote13  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 4:46:13 AM(UTC)
wecoyote13

fix that?...like there is a mo better way?
Patrick  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2005 4:49:17 AM(UTC)
Patrick

??? Sorry I did not understand ? Your reference is invalid and will give you false results. You should try removing it and using this instead : threeten =HHV(myosc,6) Patrick :mrgreen: